WnSoft Forums

Beechbrook.Com server in transition

cottage

Portions of Beechbrook.Com are currently unavailable as the site is transitioned to a new Windows 2003 platform. Your patience is appreciated. Stay tuned for further updates as they becomes available. As of this notice we have doubled in available server space to better serve your needs.

Regards,

Bill

As expected with any type of server modification or move, the server folks have been unable to get my database to work since my migration to the new platform. I've been on the phone multiply times trying to resolve the issue. I've received numerous emails asking why (some demanding to know why) the site is down. It's not down, only the PTE portion of the site is currently unavailable. I appreciate your continued patience.

Regards,

Bill

We're making some progress. :) The PTE download pages have now been restored and look correct. However no files can be downloaded at present as further code modification are made. We're narrowing in on the entire process and hope to be completed soon.

Regards,

Bill

Thanks for the update Bill. I remember on earlier occasions in the forum, we determined that some "demands" were really "requests" that are mistranslated between languages. If that is not the case here, then maybe it is ok for me to recall :) a little history.

Back in the early days of PTE we were trying to figure ways that shows larger than 5 mb could be shared with other forum users. Bill came forward with a willingness to host a few shows on his website. From there Bill has been willing to continuously upgrade and accomodate the vastly expanded audience for the shows and his service. I guarantee, anyone who knows the story, will be thanking Bill, not demanding anything. There are also some members who have seen fit to financially help to some degree. I'm sure Bill and all of us appreciate those people as well! :)

Thanks for the update Bill. I remember on earlier occasions in the forum, we determined that some "demands" were really "requests" that are mistranslated between languages. If that is not the case here, then maybe it is ok for me to recall :) a little history.

Back in the early days of PTE we were trying to figure ways that shows larger than 5 mb could be shared with other forum users. Bill came forward with a willingness to host a few shows on his website. From there Bill has been willing to continuously upgrade and accomodate the vastly expanded audience for the shows and his service. I guarantee, anyone who knows the story, will be thanking Bill, not demanding anything. There are also some members who have seen fit to financially help to some degree. I'm sure Bill and all of us appreciate those people as well! :)

Lumenlux:

I definitely second what you said!!!

Bill:

Thank you for your invaluable support to all the people that participate in PTE activities!!!

By the way...I noticed your DONATE button isn't working yet...I'm assuming it will be active in the near future...once you get things working.

Thanks again.

Very Sincerely,

Ken

:D

We're making some progress. :) The PTE download pages have now been restored and look correct. However no files can be downloaded at present as further code modification are made. We're narrowing in on the entire process and hope to be completed soon.

Regards,

Bill

The PTE download pages and the PTE Upload Utility on Beechborook.com are functioning again. I've done some testing, and on occasion, received a error message on the upload link probably due to server folks still tweaking away. Give it a try as you have the opportunity !

On another matter. The new server rules state that no one may send newsletter/maillist type messages at a rate greater than 200 per hour. I have 451 members on my mailing list and it would get out of hand to try and manage sending notices in groups of 200 per hour and be able to maintain any type of continuity while even newer presentations were uploaded. Therefore I have removed the "Automatic PTE Notification" link which was on the download pages. Until some other method is put into place I would suggest that anyone uploading presentations to Beechbrook.Com use the PTE forum to notify others of their new presentation.

As always, thank you for your continued support !

Bill

Lumenlux:

I definitely second what you said!!!

Bill:

Thank you for your invaluable support to all the people that participate in PTE activities!!!

Very Sincerely,

Ken

:D

Thanks Lumenluk and Ken. As always I appreciate your continued support and the talents you both share with the group !

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Please forgive me if you are still in transition, but is Beechbrook site still down? I log on from China, so sometimes things are ....well...blocked from here. But Beechbrook? I never know!

It seems to me from the forum that others are getting on ok.

Judy

Please forgive me if you are still in transition, but is Beechbrook site still down? I log on from China, so sometimes things are ....well...blocked from here. But Beechbrook? I never know!

It seems to me from the forum that others are getting on ok.

Judy

Judy, As Ken mentioned Beechbrook.Com is up and working well. My server migration was completed about three weeks ago. Sorry you are experiencing problems connecting.

Kind regards,

Bill

Thank you for helping. Indeed The powers that guard our safety on this side of the world seem to have blocked this site, or perhaps the service provider or perhaps a range of IP's including Beechbrook. Well that is of mild passing interest to the western world. Anyway, a little hole has been found :P and where there is a will, there is a way. Nuf said.

Double special thanks for your site!

Judy

Thank you for helping. Indeed The powers that guard our safety on this side of the world seem to have blocked this site, or perhaps the service provider or perhaps a range of IP's including Beechbrook. Well that is of mild passing interest to the western world. Anyway, a little hole has been found :P and where there is a will, there is a way. Nuf said.

Double special thanks for your site!

Judy

You're welcome Judy. Do stop by often as there is always something new being uploaded.

Regards,

Bill :)