WnSoft Forums

Exception ElistError in module

dilemmania

Hello Everyone,

Every now and then when I click previous slide over and over with background music playing and the previous slide has a sound effect .wav or .mp3 I get this message:

Exception ElistError in module myslideshow.exe at 00011336.

List index out of bounds(1)

This happens on my AMD Athlon 800 Mhz 528 meg ram Gateway Win98 SE and my slower 233 Mhz Pentium Gateway. My slideshow is small, about 1.2 megs with 12 slides. Currently using PicturesToExe v4.00 beta #5, ok I will grab #7.

Also I am using the external player -> Windows Media Player 7.10.00.3059

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I always enounter a listing error which does not let me Ctrl-alt-del. I need to restart my computer everytime it happens. My pc is a pentium 4 a.4ghz running Win98. Could someone who knows how to solve this kindly share the solution?
Above is mannybr2003 also mentioning a similar issue in his post.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for any input :)

dilemmania

Does this "List Error" also happen when you have made your presentation in the V3.80 (latest final release of PTE) ... which is not a Beta version ?

A little info on your shows setup would be helpful ... ESP the entry locations of where you have inserted your music files to play. Examples of locations are :Music under Main Project Options, Customize Slide Music tab and the Sound line entry (edit box of each Slide # - under the Comments entry position)

A Word of Advice : If you are a NEW USER of PTE and still learning its features and capabilities ... It is unwise to learn off BETA TESTING versions. The v3.80 is the latest final release which is less likely to create issues to new users ... whereas Beta versions can have unpredictable issues till sorted out thru testing.

in addition to nobeefstu's comments re beta's, i would also suggest that people get their show working with all the bells and whistles in place-- music background fades etc -- un sychronized -- do a save as /create as

-- then click the sync button and do a save as/create as under a different name

-- before you start customizing the sync function you are going to have to do a lot of homework

-- rebooting between shows/versions of the show you are working on solves a lot of problems

then when you have a problem you can present more definite facts to the forum and the experts will be able to zero in on the problem a whole lot faster and you will get your solution shortly

ken