WnSoft Forums

To all members who make Demos

boxig

All members are welcome to post their demos made with PTE 5.

Please attach your pte file and images to your zip.

There is not much use in exe alone if other members can't see how you did it, so everybody can learn from the pte file. If there is some information you think is important, attach a "Readme" file too.

Thank you

Granot

There is not much use in exe alone if other members can't see how you did it, so everybody can learn from the pte file. If there is some information you think is important, attach a "Readme" file too.

Thank you

Granot

Very good suggestion Boxig. I recently posted a PanTest show that is discussed in the "Video Cards" thread. As per your suggestion I've just posted the PTE files also. They are located here:

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/sknickles@sb...ic+Data&.view=l

PanTest Beta5 is the ".exe" and PanTest PTE files will unzip to a folder called PanTest_PTE files.

ken

:D

Thank you Ken.

I am sure your pte file will guide me and other members.

(By the way, didn't you get my message about your Jukebox - which I enjoy very much but it covers all my screen and I can not listen and work in the same time because no way to minimize it).

Thank you

Granot

One problem with doing that is that this is a "public" forum and though I have no problems with either distributing the images I use in my demos to P2E forum members or making detailed instructions on how to achieve similar or same effects, I'm quite unwilling to give them to the public.

There are perhaps two solutions. First we could email them (in some cases - depending on size of files) to those who ask, but better yet would be if Igor (when he returns - I "HOPE" he's enjoying the two day holiday) would create a private forum for P2E owners only and make it accessible only by password. As a professional photographer, I don't want my full resolution images available to anyone who stops by the forum and picks up a download link from my site. Also some of the file sizes when the images are included as separate from the executable code put a strain on the old pocketbook when one's file transfer limits are exceeded on my hosting site. Having these available to the public at large is inviting financial disaster; it's happened to me in the past so I'm a bit sensitive to it.

I think a private forum with password access granted by Igor and distributed to the mailing list via email once a month or so might be the solution. Then we can actually provide detailed instructions on how to do this and all P2E owners would benefit without giving "free lessons" to the world at large - LOL

Best regards,

Lin

I agree with Lin's idea about keeping the tutorial PTE files within the PTE community, ie, The Forum. In any case, I suspect that I am not the only member that is in the dark about how some of the very beautiful PTE5 beta sequences are being made, and access to the .pte files as demos would be extremely helpful.

Bill

Lin,

I think what you suggest is an excellent idea. I've now, more or less!, got my head around the concept of "Keypoints" and would be happy to contribute.

I must own to finding some aspects more than a little difficult. Consequently, I've made some detailled notes, mainly as a personal aide memoire, detailing how I put together my simple and limited "first efforts". They may be useful to others.

John

An excellent idea Granot. Ken's contribution, PanTest_PTE files, has given me a better insight of the settings in Objects and Animation and how they work. But I must add that having first run through Lin's Tutorial made the appreciation easier.

On a point of interest Ken, when I clicked on the PTE icon in your folder I received the following message "Project files created with PicturesToExe v1.00-v1.60 are not supported now". So I opened it from PTE 5.0 Beta #2.

Ron [uK]

I agree with Granot's suggestion but also with Lin's expressed concerns. I have appreciated those that have been able to upload the project files and slides = essentially a PTE template. But I think we all need to be understanding that it isn't always feasable. On a different direction, there may be some who can learn a lot from the .PTE text file alone, but not I.

I think the other thought, of continued descriptive guidance as Lin has done such a swell job of, is most useful and appreciated. Maybe some more of us can try to share a little more that way. Probably some of our members are preparing such even as we speak. I don't mean waiting until a formal "tutorial" is produced, but just what ever anyone learns that can be written in respectively useful language. :) Again, thanks to those that can do this, as it takes quite a bit of time to try to "type" what one learns through explorations. As others have already pointed out, one sure way of learning a little is to just use two slides, and open the object window, set some keypoints, change the values in the animation boxes (Pan and Zoom) values, drag the items around in the visual editor window and push Play in that same object screen. It will get us started. It is a brave new world but fun to even scratch the dirt at our doorstep.

An excellent idea Granot. Ken's contribution, PanTest_PTE files, has given me a better insight of the settings in Objects and Animation and how they work. But I must add that having first run through Lin's Tutorial made the appreciation easier.

On a point of interest Ken, when I clicked on the PTE icon in your folder I received the following message "Project files created with PicturesToExe v1.00-v1.60 are not supported now". So I opened it from PTE 5.0 Beta #2.

Ron [uK]

Yep Ron,

The .pte is still associated with PTE 4...to open a Beta 5 you must open PTE 5 first then open the file. Evidently PTE 4 files aren't compatible with Beta 5 and vice-versa. Igor will probably be refining that later.

ken

Come on guys...you can include in the zip your original exe, include the PTE file, and then replace the images with any other images nobody want to steal. Simply take other 4-5 images (as many as you use), with the same size, name them as your original images, then put them in instead. No need to make any change to the pte file.

:P Granot

Come on guys...you can include in the zip your original exe, include the PTE file, and then replace the images with any other images nobody want to steal. Simply take other 4-5 images (as many as you use), with the same size, name them as your original images, then put them in instead. No need to make any change to the pte file.

:P Granot

Ah, my friend it doesn't quite work like that. Part of the power of Beta 5 is the ability to use special images and text, not just any image. If all you want is zoom, pan, rotate and scroll then any old image will do, but then there is no "secret" to making these effects. On the other hand if you want 3D effects, scrolling, spinning text, etc., it takes PNG transparencies some of which take a good bit of time to prepare and not just "any" will do because placement. size, shape and timing are all important. In short it would be more work to try and avoid distributing the original images than it took to create them in the first place. That's why I suggested a private, password protected section of the forum where we can freely exchange links to the entire process and avoid making them available to the general public. As I said, I have no reservations about giving away my images, special PNG creations and explanations to anyone who purchases P2E and want them but I'm not willing to put out links to my files for public distribution. I did that in the past with some images which had rather universal appeal and I had to shut down my site because the costs of going over my 50 gigabyte per month transfer allocations were tremendous.

It wouldn't take a great deal to set up a password protected section of the forum where the downloads would be limited to forum members and out of reach of those with no connection to PicturesToExe or who purposely detract from this product on other forums. Believe it or not there are a sizeable number of these (I'm not paronoid - I've been down that road).

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

I understand what you say and your suggestion seems good. I simply suggested to use on demos images that you don't mind being stolen. After all, we are talking about demos and not a real show. Since the only purpose of demo is to help members using PTE-5, I find it useless if pte file and images are not supplied.

I hope to see a lot of demos, but please remember all, members want to learn from demos and not to enjoy them and break the head "how the hell he did it..."

:P:P:P