WnSoft Forums

Version 5 Tutorials

jevans

Thedom,

Thanks for very useful comments. I will amend the guide to take these into account. here are some further comments on your suggestions.

"This is the window zoom control with step settings from 10% to 500%". (p.6).

Happy with all these comments, except that

• Do not see purpose of alt + mouse drag to move screen in O/A window
  • zoom with mouse whee does not work with my mouse (radio mouse)

"When an image is paced into the O/A Editor window, it's size (Zoom), locations in the window (Pan) and orientation (Rotation) can be physically changed by dragging on the image handles". (p.7)

• Cannot reset zoom.pan, etc by clicking on fields

"The figure shows the timeline of a slide, set to have a duration of 15s and a transition time of 1.5s...". (p.12)

• As I understand the O/A timeline display, the slide time plus the previous transition and the next transition are shown. Thus if I have a slide of 4s with transition time of 1.5s, I will see the 1.5s transition and slide starting at t=0s and ending at t=4s. The next slide transition of 1.5s will start at 4s. So the timeline shows me the full 4s of the slide plus a further 1.5s of the next slide.

"There is always a keypoint at the beginning of the timeline for each object" (p. 15).

Yes, by default, but this first keypoint can be moved if needed (in combination with the starting line by example).

question : Why do we have the ability to move keypoints of an object OUT of its own slide timeline ?!? Is it a bug because it seems it doesn't have any effect... :unsure:

• I do not know the answer to this question. I can see the point of moving either of the two blue lines to restrict the time over which an image is viewable, but not why you can move a keypoint outisde the timeline points.

Jeff

Yes, by default, but this first keypoint can be moved if needed (in combination with the starting line by example).

question : Why do we have the ability to move keypoints of an object OUT of its own slide timeline ?!? Is it a bug because it seems it doesn't have any effect... :unsure:

• I do not know the answer to this question. I can see the point of moving either of the two blue lines to restrict the time over which an image is viewable, but not why you can move a keypoint outisde the timeline points.

Jeff

Jeff, I think this is not a bug and is indeed a useful feature. As I have used it, it allows the keypoint actions to continue between slides instead of just between objects in a single slide. It can be useful at this time also to "soften" an abrupt action - You can have the action of the next slide starting and masking the stopping of the action of the previous slide. Does this make sense or am I misunderstanding your question?

Jeff, I think this is not a bug and is indeed a useful feature. As I have used it, it allows the keypoint actions to continue between slides instead of just between objects in a single slide. It can be useful at this time also to "soften" an abrupt action - You can have the action of the next slide starting and masking the stopping of the action of the previous slide. Does this make sense or am I misunderstanding your question?

The question was actually raised by Thedom and I was just replying. But you are correct. I tried it out and it works as you suggest. I had not thought of that use and I will include the comment in the guide revision.

Thanks

Jeff

• Cannot reset zoom.pan, etc by clicking on fields

Very strange.

Are you sure you click on the right ones ?

(See picture below).

As I have used it, it allows the keypoint actions to continue between slides instead of just between objects in a single slide. It can be useful at this time also to "soften" an abrupt action - You can have the action of the next slide starting and masking the stopping of the action of the previous slide.

I think it would be a very useful feature too.

That's why i tried to use it but even if i put the keypoints before the start of the slide, it was exactly like i put it at the beginning of it... <_<

Are you sure it changed anything for you in your project to put it ??? :blink:

Thanks.

post-2148-1149447636_thumb.jpg

Very strange.

Are you sure you click on the right ones ?

(See picture below).

Rather a red face here. I was clicking on the value boxes instead of the text. Yes it works of course

I think it would be a very useful feature too.

That's why i tried to use it but even if i put the keypoints before the start of the slide, it was exactly like i put it at the beginning of it... <_<

Are you sure it changed anything for you in your project to put it ??? :blink:

Thanks.

Thedom : It works best if the keypoint is after the start of the next slide. But it also woks if you drag the keypoint before the start of the slide, although the sizing seems to be fixed until the slide actually starts.

Jeff