WnSoft Forums

Sound cut off

Lmoreels

I made a show in PTE5. Works fine but 2 minor problems: By fade in of the first picture there is a smal bright orange border and also on the fade out of the last one.

In the previeuw is the sound perfect, in the exe file the last note of the sound is cut of. Adding 4 sec to the file is no help.

I think it has to do with the beta version?

anyway even the beta version is fantastic!! :)

Many thanks to Igor

I am so Sorry, but i use always the same black slide to start a show, I must incidently add a border to it...

I took out the pictures in the middle, still the file is 20 mB. I discoverd that moving the last black picture has effect on the end of the music. The music stops at the fade out of the last picture.

Is this right?

Thanks for looking after this!

Since v5.00 beta #3 I set "Close after last slide" mode by default.

You can choose "Repeat" in Main tab, Project options.

So after showing of last slide (duration specified in proporties of this slide) slideshow exits.

Music also stops on exit. But in current beta music may stop a little sharply (without fading out during 10 ms.). Music will stop more softly in the next beta #4

Music also stops on exit. But in current beta music may stop a little sharply (without fading out during 10 ms.). Music will stop more softly in the next beta #4

Igor,

I'm not quite sure to understand.

Do you mean that, in beta #4, if the music duration is longer than the show duration, the music will automatically fades out at the end of the show ?

And do you plan to give the ability to the suer to modify the time duration of this fading out.

Because, if you do, it's the begiinig of an internal audio editor.

But It's not compatible with synchronization I guess...

I understood that, right now, we have to use an external audio editor like Audacity by example, to exactly fit the music duration to the show duration.

But what if we decide to change the time duration of some slides ? We have to edit your music again, right ? <_<

Does it mean that the sound editing has to be the final step of a slideshow ?

The problem is that the time slides are really dependant on the music, and I think it's even more true with PZR features.

If you guys could give me some advices and explanations on how you work with you music and the order of the process, I would really appreciate. :)

Thanks.

Dom

I just made a show with 113 slides and 3 mp3's - time of the combined music is 11:51 mins.using ver 4.48

the show is "standard synchonized" and no fancy fades etc.

When the exe is run the music fades out on last slide just like any piece of music then the show starts again.

there is +- 5 secs between songs as set by the program which is equal to one slide

Igor has previously explained that the music starting and stopping with the beta's is not correct and will be corrected when synchronization is enabled -- at present it ver 5 music starts a few ms late.

I could have joined the 3 mp3's with audacity and gave them more fade at start and the end but chose not to

I then burned the show to dvd with nero 6.6 and before i closed the p2e /avi i ran the tmp vid thru winavi and made a mpeg II file which is +- 430 mbs

when played in wmp 10 it indicates 11:52 run time

ken

Igor,

I'm not quite sure to understand.

Do you mean that, in beta #4, if the music duration is longer than the show duration, the music will automatically fades out at the end of the show ?

And do you plan to give the ability to the suer to modify the time duration of this fading out.

Because, if you do, it's the begiinig of an internal audio editor.

But It's not compatible with synchronization I guess...

I understood that, right now, we have to use an external audio editor like Audacity by example, to exactly fit the music duration to the show duration.

But what if we decide to change the time duration of some slides ? We have to edit your music again, right ? <_<

Does it mean that the sound editing has to be the final step of a slideshow ?

The problem is that the time slides are really dependant on the music, and I think it's even more true with PZR features.

If you guys could give me some advices and explanations on how you work with you music and the order of the process, I would really appreciate. :)

Thanks.

I always make the sound first, keeping in mind the pictures i want in the show. I never just fade out but look for a part where the music can be stopt in a naturel way. Then adding or removing some pictures if necessary.

It take some work and time but it is good in the result.

Lmoreels

Thanks.

Dom,

The philosophy I follow, with regard to slideshow background music, is as follows:

a) If the show falls into natural sections, each requiring music of a different mood, I complete the timing, transition and animation arrangements of that section first. Check it carefully so that no further alterations will be required after the music is selected.

B) Select a suitable piece of music. Generally, if it is too long, cut a bit out of the middle, if too short, repeat a section. Again, add it to the middle. I find this preferable to modifying the end of the music, for example, by applying a fade out. The composer, after all, knew how he wanted to bring his work to an aesthetically pleasing conclusion.

c) Although I said above “no further alterations will be required”. It is often appropriate to make small changes to the position of a slide on the timeline, without changing the total length of the section within the newly applied Music Envelope. This so that slide appear on a “beat”

d) Repeat for all subsequent sections. Allow some silence between sections. The greater the mood change – the longer the silence is a pretty good rule.

e) With reference to voice commentaries (voiceovers), I generally adjust the relative volume of the separate music and voice tracks in a music editor. I prefer to hang the voice track onto the particular slide it refers to, rather than mix it down with the music track. But, I know many people prefer to mixdown.

Having said all that, I am by no stretch of the imagination. But, it is an aspect of composing slideshows that interests me very much. So I would very much like to hear, from other members, their particular views.

Hope this is of some help.

John