WnSoft Forums

Classical countdown

thedom

Hi everybody,

I made a new intro, a classical countdown, that you can use for your own slideshow : http://www.thedom.fr/share/dload.php?actio...amp;file_id=112

TheDom-Countdown-Small.jpg

This is only version 1 beta #1 ;) , I have several ideas to add to this countdown :

- add a classical film projector with its rolling tapes

- add a screen

- add an "animated" ray of light

And all the ideas you can think of...

Thank you for your suggestions.

PS : I already have 2 new ideas for other intros.

I only need time... :)

By the way Igor, I always have this annoying display bug I already mentionned here (thin white edges).

Did you have time to think on how to resolve it ? :unsure:

No ideas from here right now. But I think what you already have is very good and would be quite popular for certain shows.

Now a personal question for you: Are you in AV as a professional, or more as a serious hobbiest? You really add a lot to this forum. Thank you.

Dominique

When your sequence is downloaded it comes up as apr.exe. As the idea, although a good one, is not one that I would use for my presentations, I decided to delete it, but the message comes up "If you remove it you will no longer be able to run this programme .......". But apr.exe is the full PTE programme. If I continue the delete will it affect my whole PTE set up? At the moment it is in a separate folder "thedom".

Regards

Ron [uK]

Dom,

Great "movie" introduction - once again it shows the versatility of v.5 (and your wonderful creativity! :) ) Complete with subliminal messages - I was wondering why I had the sudden urge for a Coke! :lol:

I would like to add my appreciation to that expressed by Robert (Lumenlux) for all your lively contributions to the Forum. :) Keep up the good work!

Dominique

When your sequence is downloaded it comes up as apr.exe. As the idea, although a good one, is not one that I would use for my presentations, I decided to delete it, but the message comes up "If you remove it you will no longer be able to run this programme .......". But apr.exe is the full PTE programme. If I continue the delete will it affect my whole PTE set up? At the moment it is in a separate folder "thedom".

Yes, Ron, you will probably lose the ability to run PTE.

However, I'm curious as to why you tried to delete "apr.exe". The downloaded file comes in as "countdown.exe" on my system. Check your windows explorer to see if you have this file in the folder to which you downloaded Dom's show.

Al

It downloaded exactly as I posted, namely apr.exe and played back as a film start countdown of numbers. What I have done is to rename the file as countdown.exe and downloaded again from Dom's posting. The drop down came up stating that countdown.exe already existed did I want to replace and I answered yes. The download showed countdown.exe so I deleted to recycle bin and all seems to be OK. Thanks. Must have been some quirk on my system it must be supersaturated with PTE at the moment such is my intense interest. :blink:

Ron [uK]

It downloaded exactly as I posted, namely apr.exe and played back as a film start countdown of numbers. What I have done is to rename the file as countdown.exe and downloaded again from Dom's posting. The drop down came up stating that countdown.exe already existed did I want to replace and I answered yes. The download showed countdown.exe so I deleted to recycle bin and all seems to be OK. Thanks. Must have been some quirk on my system it must be supersaturated with PTE at the moment such is my intense interest. :blink:

That's wierd! Glad you got it working OK, however, and didn't lose your PTE file. B)

Robert & Al,

I'm really flattered by your compliments. Thanks.

Robert, I'm not in AV at all, I'm an IT engineer for a french bank. So, no link at all.

I was not especially in slideshows. I just made two slideshows of my last trip before, three years ago with PTE (La Réunion) and last year with an other competing product (Sri Lanka).

I came back on this forum by chance just to see how PTE had evolved (I need to make a slideshow of my trip in Libya) and discovered the potential of the v5.

Since, I'm addicted ! :lol:

Hi everybody,

I made a new intro, a classical countdown, that you can use for your own slideshow.

icon_pa_download.gif

This is only version 1 beta #1 ;) , I have several ideas to add to this countdown :

- add a screen

By the way Igor, I always have this annoying display bug I already mentionned here (thin white edges).

Hi everybody,

I made a new intro, a classical countdown, that you can use for your own slideshow.

icon_pa_download.gif

- add a screen

I tried to download your Countdown but I keep getting page not found?

Why is this?

Thank you

Hi Royo,

Sorry, I'm completely reorganising my files and all links for my demos are no longer avalaible.

My files were until now hosted on my private site.

But my new site will be dedicated to PTE and quite soon all my files will be downloadable again.

You already can find my "countdown demo" here

You will find a lot of ressources, demos, tutorials, full projects, etc... on http://thefreedom.free.fr/share

I would like to make a big sharing centre for PTE. :)

Btw, I already put some files of members posted here :unsure: , please fill free to tell me if you don't want them on my site. I will remove them instantly. :)

Even guests can rate the files and leave comments (for instance ;) )

Registered users can upload their own files on my site.

Please note that my server is limited on 2 MB files for upload (not because of me but because of my provider <_<) but if you can host your file somewhere else, you can give the url to the download.

I would be interested if you could give me feedback on this project and if you can help me to make this site alive, thank you to all of you. :)

Guest Techman1

DOM,

I tried to access your link and noticed that I wasn't able to due to the "Color" HTML code imbedded in the link. For anyone else having this problem, here is the direct link to TheDOM's site:

THEDOM SHARING PLACE

Thanks for sharing with us and for all of your contributions to this forum.

Regards,

Fred

Hi Dom,

I posted this in the wrong thread.

Just looked at your site for the full pte project for Countdown and couldn't find it (only the exe). Are you planning to share that or is that something you want to hang on to? I like the effect.

Thanks.

Hi dagrace,

I wanted to end this project before posting the PTE project but honestly, I don't know when I'm gonna have time... :(

So here it is : http://thefreedom.free.fr/share/comment.php?dlid=43

But be carefull before playing with it, there is one single slide with 5 level of sub-objects, 54 objects, each having several keypoints. ;)

Goodluck ! :lol:

Hi dagrace,

I wanted to end this project before posting the PTE project but honestly, I don't know when I'm gonna have time... :(

So here it is : http://thefreedom.free.fr/share/comment.php?dlid=43

But be carefull before playing with it, there is one single slide with 5 level of sub-objects, 54 objects, each having several keypoints. ;)

Goodluck ! :lol:

Thanks! Don't let me dissuade you. If you have time, continue to improve it with the things you mentioned earlier. If I think of any clever ideas, I'll let you know. 5 levels, 54 objects... this sounds dangerous! :blink: