WnSoft Forums

Promo

Gilio

available on the site of "avdigifoto.nl" a promo of PTE 5.0 :blink:

Very nice promo Gilio! I loved the sound of the burner's on the balloons when they descended for landing :-)

It was a bit confusing for me to negotiate the menu's because of the language barrier, but quite intuitive once I understood that the promo was not underneath your "Arrow" on the JPG but that the arrow was simply part of the jpg with hyperlink to the promo show!

Best regards,

Lin

Nice work Gilio. Your website and your Promo are both very well done.

Your Promo shows some very smooth combination of effects. It seems as PTE users perfect the use of PTE 5, the effects will be less and less obvious to the typical outside viewer. Then the show maker may get satisfaction for a "nice" show, but his skill in applying the "effects" will no longer be specifically commended. Of course this accomplishes what most of us want and should answer critics concerns of "overuse." (This comment applies to all use of PTE5, not specifically to your show. I know your english is good, so I hope this comment does not confuse too badly.)

After 23 years of making slideshows I am not confuse Lumenlux, I see you at creatingslideshows.com to make 'Light' sequence competition? B)

Lin, I have not a language barrier :lol: I understand Dutch very wel. B)

After 23 years of making slideshows I am not confuse Lumenlux, I see you at creatingslideshows.com to make 'Light' sequence competition? B)

Lin, I have not a language barrier :lol: I understand Dutch very wel. B)

In the immortal words of Strother Martin (Captain, Road Prison 36) in Cool Hand Luke - "what we've got here is failure to communicate..........." LOL B)

Best regards,

Lin

available on the site of "avdigifoto.nl" a promo of PTE 5.0 :blink:

Why do I get 'Project file created with PTE v1/1.6 are not supported now' when I try to run promo.pte

This happens with some other *.pte files but not all of them

Cheers, Derek

Why do I get 'Project file created with PTE v1/1.6 are not supported now' when I try to run promo.pte

This happens with some other *.pte files but not all of them

Cheers, Derek

Hi Derek,

pte files created with the 5.0 Beta versions must be run with the beta version of PicturesToExe 5.0. The "Promo" program has the pan, zoom, rotate features so to see how it was done using the pte file you need to download the PicturesToExe beta 3.0 from the PicturesToExe link on the forum or from the link on the first page at wnsoft.com which will link you to the download on the forum. Install the beta in a different folder and it will create a second PicturesToExe icon so you can run either version. Once the Version 5 release is out, you won't need to do this because it have both the old graphical engine as well as the new graphical engine allowing Pan, Zoom, Rotate, etc.

Lin

Hi Derek,

pte files created with the 5.0 Beta versions must be run with the beta version of PicturesToExe 5.0. The "Promo" program has the pan, zoom, rotate features so to see how it was done using the pte file you need to download the PicturesToExe beta 3.0 from the PicturesToExe link on the forum or from the link on the first page at wnsoft.com which will link you to the download on the forum. Install the beta in a different folder and it will create a second PicturesToExe icon so you can run either version. Once the Version 5 release is out, you won't need to do this because it have both the old graphical engine as well as the new graphical engine allowing Pan, Zoom, Rotate, etc.

Lin

Hi Lin, Thanks for your time. I do have PTEbeta3 running on my PC, but cannot find how to get the *.pte files in the beta 3 demos into it from the Forums to try and help me, but only those .pte files I've done myself - very frustrating. Would like also to put some of the .pte shows that I've downloaded on to a DVD to run on my TV. Anyway of doing this? Sorry if I should have put this question elsewhere. Cheers, Derek

Hi Lin, Thanks for your time. I do have PTEbeta3 running on my PC, but cannot find how to get the *.pte files in the beta 3 demos into it from the Forums to try and help me, but only those .pte files I've done myself - very frustrating. Would like also to put some of the .pte shows that I've downloaded on to a DVD to run on my TV. Anyway of doing this? Sorry if I should have put this question elsewhere. Cheers, Derek

Hi Derek,

I'm only guessing, but probably if they (pte files) don't work it's because the associated files (png, jpg, etc.) which make up the show are not included for whatever reason.

There is a feature with version 5 which allows the creation of a zip file containing everything necessary to load and run a show from PicturesToExe as well as create an executable file. I'll provide a link below to one I did. Download the zip file then create a folder to unzip it into. Unzip the file then start Beta 3 and open the pte file and go to Preview and try it. It "should" work just fine "IF" the zip file was created with the built-in provisions for creating a zip backup.

You will need to wait until the next beta is released (not too long now - maybe a couple weeks at the outside) then there will be a provision for creating an AVI file which you can use to burn a DVD. Right not the "video" provision is not incorporated in Beta 3, only the ability to make an executable file. Igor is adding new features with each beta to facilitate debugging so by the time beta 5 arrives (we are now at Beta 3) most of the features found in the present 4.xx release version will be incorporated. But for now you can't create a DVD with Beta 3 created slideshows.

Here's the link:

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/cimarron.zip

Download the above, create a folder and unzip it in that folder. Then load the pte and you "should" be able to run the show from PicturesToExe Beta 3 as well as create an executable file. All the necessary components are included in the zip file.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,Derek al files are in the zip you have to unzipped and put al files in a new map! B)

Hi Lin & Gilio, Following Lin's instructions, and those of Gilio, I have now got the trial pte shows to work that have links in the Forums, for which I am extremely grateful to you both. Now it is time to get my hat and coat off to see what I can do! Cheers, Derek