WnSoft Forums

Just Messing Around

Lin Evans

Intriguing! What's on the side of the cube we don't see. I could imagine this been used in a ghostly sequence, the background looks so real. The cube appears to have nothing to do with the rest of the scene except when it bumps on the lobby. Great little sequence. Thanks. John

Intriguing! What's on the side of the cube we don't see. I could imagine this been used in a ghostly sequence, the background looks so real. The cube appears to have nothing to do with the rest of the scene except when it bumps on the lobby. Great little sequence. Thanks. John

Hi John,

Like most of my "tinkering" it's a work in process - the title says it all - LOL

I'm working on some viable way to "flip" the cube to show the other side - It has to be an illusion so will take some thought. There really is no connection from the lobby to the cube except in the mind of the observer. Perhaps the cube dwellers are trapped in another type of "jungle" where the vegetation is similar, but the glass walls surrounding them reflect more about the designers of the "corporate jungle" (this is the old "Compaq" lobby in Houston, Texas) than the reality of their world - who knows??

Lin

smooth as silk

k

Hi Ken - yes the beta 4 has lots of potential - can't wait to play with the finished product...

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

Must say I'am very taken with your messing around, very smooth almost hypnotic and makes me feel that I want to pick the cube out the screen as it has a 3D effect. Your ability and imagination is boundless great stuff Lin

Paul

Hi Lin

Must say I'am very taken with your messing around, very smooth almost hypnotic and makes me feel that I want to pick the cube out the screen as it has a 3D effect. Your ability and imagination is boundless great stuff Lin

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks but I can't take credit for this idea which was introduced years ago by Scott Kelby, the president ot the National Association of Photoshop Professionals, etc. Scott has written on the 3D rendering in Photoshop many times, but this makes a nice additional effect to play with in slideshow programs allowing PZR.

Best regards,

Lin

Well Lin, you certainly are good at messing around! The somewhat soft background is perfect (intentional) choice to set off the 3-D appearance. As Ken mentioned, your cube motion is perfectly smooth. Is this sequence one you can share the project file on?

LOL, I didn't save the original pte since I'm still playing around with it, but this link is to a very similar pte using a couple cube PNG's and the same backdrop which are synchronized in an effort to "switch" views seamlessly. I'm still working on the effects so an in process one but has essentially the same type actions. I'm discovering that trying to sync two PNG, even though they are virtually identical except for file size is not an easy task since precise rotation seems to be somewhat affected by file size or some other yet undiscovered variable. Use the arrow keys rather than clicking on the keypoints to go through this one because some of the midway transition keypoints are nearly on top of each other separated only by hundredths of a second.

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/messingaround2.zip

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin, that will get me started. (Maybe)'

I do thank you and others who continue to explore as an "advance party", the world of PTE V5.

If you need some help making the cubes let me know. It takes PhotoShop or similar program which has the 3D plugin and isn't hard to do, but if you've never worked with layers, etc., it can be daunting and there are some "tricks" which can help. Email me if you get in trouble:

data2@lpbroadband.net

Best regards,

Lin