WnSoft Forums

New Sequence - "Flutterings"

Peter Coles

I have just put "Flutterings" on the site and would particularly welcome comments, as this is my first effort using PTE5 #5, having read the excellent tutorial on scrolling, which opened up the whole new series of ways of enhancing the visual aspects of AV.

I, personally think there is a big danger that we may over-use new trasitions so that viewers may notice the effects more than the "message". Most of my own work is an attempt to create AV poems (not poems for AV), so that the whole Sequence becomes the poem, rather than just the words. I want the Sequences I make to be better than reality; we get too much of that.

I want my work to be more like a dream than a 'normal' film or video may be.

Well, Peter, I reckon you've been successful. Most of the shows I've seen with PTE 5 have been (understandably) demonstrations of the possibilities, whereas yours is the real thing.

Lovely photos (as always), matched to very well chosen music and your own inimitable verse.

My only adverse comment is that I'm not a fan of the text font you've used recently. It's too fancy for my taste and detracts from the images.

But a very minor irritation really - I'm just envious of your creative technique.

Anita & I liked this one. Somewhat Japanese with a hint of Tibet? Held our interest all the way through, one of the first sequences of yours that we have understood! Music and Pictures blended in an excellent way.

John and Anita

I have just put "Flutterings" on the site and would particularly welcome comments, as this is my first effort using PTE5 #5, having read the excellent tutorial on scrolling, which opened up the whole new series of ways of enhancing the visual aspects of AV...........

Peter

I have just watched your sequence. I enjoyed the quality of the images and appreciated your message.

But, I must say I didn't expect you ever to use motion effects!!

I thought the falling leaves and petals worked well but wasn't sure about the butterflies.

Keith

Peter

I have just watched your sequence. I enjoyed the quality of the images and appreciated your message.

But, I must say I didn't expect you ever to use motion effects!!

I thought the falling leaves and petals worked well but wasn't sure about the butterflies.

Keith

Thanks, Keith for your comments.

Originally I did not include the butterfly 'jerks'. I tried them as an experiment, following comments from someone whose views I value (CB).

This, for me, is an experiment and not necessarily a trend.

I will use any way of enhancing the visual effect of the still images I use; if the effect does not enhance then I shall abandon it.

We don't move forward by standing still nor do we so by 'fluttering' but if I think back to 2000, I am nowhere near where I was then; some would say that was forward; others well? It's been a joy trying.

• 1 month later...

I have just put "Flutterings" on the site and would particularly welcome comments, as this is my first effort using PTE5 #5, having read the excellent tutorial on scrolling, which opened up the whole new series of ways of enhancing the visual aspects of AV.

I, personally think there is a big danger that we may over-use new trasitions so that viewers may notice the effects more than the "message". Most of my own work is an attempt to create AV poems (not poems for AV), so that the whole Sequence becomes the poem, rather than just the words. I want the Sequences I make to be better than reality; we get too much of that.

Hi Peter.

I can not find your AV "Flutterings" can you let me have it.

Regards

Fish 2

Fish 2, I am butting in, but am sure Peter won't mind. His presentation can be downloaded here:

CreatingSlideshows.com

You will probably need to register (free) to be able to download. Your participation on that site would also be welcomed.

Hi thank's for that it is downloding know I can not get on to this sit I whold love to participat on this site can you let me have web sites adres.

Regards

Fish 2

Unfortunately I am also one of those who has registered but always have problems getting onto this site. I don't understand why as it is the only Forum I have a problem with? :(

I don't have enough time to keep e-mailing Desert Dave each time & often get error messages while others seem to have no problems at all. :(

Yes! I too have the occasional problem getting in to Dave's creatingslideshows.com but there is usually a way through saying that you have forgotten your password. This then gives you a new code to get in to the site.

Anyone who would like to have a copy of flutterings just let me have your e-mail address and I will ensure one can be downloaded - in a short while I shall have a new site www.avpeter.com from which interested folk will be able to download most of my recent experiments.

Ken

Peter is saying that he will have a site "in a short while". I don't think he means that short. Hopefully he will tell us when for he is my original guru.

Ron [uK]