WnSoft Forums

Proposed pdf Tutorial for version 5

Ronniebootwest

I have completed a project for a slide show intro sequence, based on a previous post by Lin Evans and Derek Drury, where an image is split into 4 parts and then brought back in separate parts to re-form the whole picture. It can be a useful addition to your slide shows. I am prepared to make a tutorial of this for the Forum if enough people are interested.

Please take a look at the .exe sequence and let me know if you are interested.

The file is called '4 Way Split' and it can be downloaded Here

Ron,

I noticed the "Tutorials section" is the most visited section on my site.

People download those files even if there is no direct link to the tutorials.

I'm sure you gonna have an audience for your tutorials, even if they don't know it themselves. :D

I guess people don't answer anymore because three people already answered that they are interested (Ken, Barbara and bharkins ) and they presume you will do it. :)

And if you do it, i'm gonna make a template for this effect. Deal ? ;)

Ron, I don't mean to cheat you out of a rest, but I'm not sure you are drawing the right conclusion as to interest level. Having been away a few days, I notice you had three or four quick responses on the positive. And as you and I know, we don't have a lot of postings that with huge a number of responses. :) Now, I have downloaded and look forward to learning from it - with or without a tutorial. Without the tutorial, you will for sure limit interest as most of us likely will feel lost as to doing our own. Just my thoughts to your thoughts. :)

I have completed a project for a slide show intro sequence, based on a previous post by Lin Evans and Derek Drury, where an image is split into 4 parts and then brought back in separate parts to re-form the whole picture. It can be a useful addition to your slide shows. I am prepared to make a tutorial of this for the Forum if enough people are interested.

Ron,

I think your tutorials are Fantatic I have downloaded Them all, but being in The UK on holidy

I havent had a lot of time to Play with V5 but n Friday I return Home and wil be burning the midnight oil.

Looking forward to more great tutorials. Thanks for the god work.

RayC

As a previous reader of your tutorials, I can attest to their accuracy and well-planned layout. I'd say go back to work! :)

OK, OK already!

I am already half way to completing this tutorial It is proving to be a bit difficult to put into words, but I will do it, I promice you.

Dom.

You gotta deal mate! I will look forward to seeing the template when you have finished it. I am not sure just how you will manage it though.

Thanks for the kind words from you all.

Ron.

p.s. Blast it! No rest for the wicked eh? :(

Right, I now have the first beta pdf for this tutorial ready. It is 36 pages long so a bit of a beast.

I would like a couple of members to check it out for any mistakes before I post it on 'The Doms' site.

I hope that the instructions are easy to follow by the newcomer to version 5 so you need not be an expert to check it. Last time I asked for beta testers I had a very positive response so on this occasion, I will work with the first THREE volunteers?

Thank you in advance, I appreciate your help.

Ron

Ron, you can send a copy to me, you have my e-mail address.

Ron [uK]

Hell all,

The pdf tutorial is now complete and has been tested by some very competent members (my thanks to them).

I just have to make some minor adjustments and will then make it available for download from 'The Dom' web site.

I will post a message when this is done.

Ron

Ron,

I read your tutorial and even if it's easier for beginners, I noticed you save the pictures as .png files (they are huge !) with a lot of transparency (torture for low system).

Why not save the 4 pictures in the .jpg format ?

And in PTE, add a frame and add the 4 pictures as 4 sub-objects of the frame.

The picture have to be in "original" mode, zoom = 50%.

After, it's quite easy after to move the four pictures with the mouse to have a perfect recomposed image.

And for instance, there is a problem with .png file in PTE => there is a white line around each picture. <_<

The Dom

Interesting suggestion about the jpeg rather than PNG, but I do not understand why you are getting a white line around the 4 pieces (maybe because you have selected the 'Blur' option).

Perhaps you could give more detail on how to use jpeg instead of PNG? I think that PNG is necessary in order to produce a transparent background to each of the 4 pieces.

Ron

Update: Dom: I have checked the sizes of the 4 pieces when saved as a jpeg (112kb) and when saved as PNG they are 540kb so why do you say that the images are 'Huge'?

Celou,

Are you quite sure that you have not 'checked' the BLUR option? This can cause the lines to show. Also did you use the Photoshop Action and not create the separations yourself?

I don't have the problem myself but I would be interested to know if anybody else has noticed the problem.

Ron

Ron,

it is not with me to activate the box of noise or blur, because I do nothing but read one "EXE" which you created.

When well even this box would be notched, by reading this demonstration starting from a "EXE" no incidence has.

Marcel