WnSoft Forums

Nero sees AVI file as black - no video

kpshira

kpshira

Nero 7- can you advise us the Burning Rom version number.

Latest is Nero Burning Rom ( 7.2.7.0 )

Nero Vision 4 ( 4.5.0.29 )

Also the settings that you are using in PTE - Video

In the " Making of AVI Video File " box - does it " Preview " - OK ?

Hi,

It seems like PTE video codec is not active. Are you sure you are keeping the small window with the title Making of AVI video file open with the Finish button when you import the video into NV 4? I tried it with the same versions of software and it works fine.

The pte video output window must stay open because the pte video codec is not a standard codec. If you close down pte output window the video codec vanishes and you will only get a black screen with audio.

tom

Actually, I don't know what I did wrong the first time (I know the small window was still open), but it worked like a champ the second time. Thanks so much for your help. I spent the better part of the last few days working on a memorial video for my mother-in-law who passed away on Saturday and I wanted to have a DVD for those family members without computers.

Thanks again for your support.

Kipper

I'm sorry for your family's loss.

Last year I made a pte presentation for a friend at work to take to her mother's 80th birthday party. The daughter had scanned all of the photos from her family's photo album. I printed out two pages of thumbnail images from Irfanview, and she numbered each image in the order she wanted them to play.

Everyone received a copy of the DVD which had the pte source files (high resolution images) in a data folder in case they wanted to make prints, the pte .exe file so they could view a higher quality version on their PC monitor, and 15 minutes of video with soft music all on a single disc. It was really nice that her mother could watch the video without needing a computer.

It was a huge success for such a small amount of money (a few dollars for the discs). I think the data including video was only occupying about 25% of the total disc capacity.

tom

How did you go about putting everything on one DVD? I'm a little new to DVD technology and so far have only been able to put the avi file on the DVD with a pretty simple menu. Do you have to do an "open" session and then add the other files after the avi.?

Thanks so much for your help.

Kipper

Hi Kipper

Bit of a different procedure.

Basically you proceed as you have in Nero up till the burning page. Instead of burning to a DVD disc you choose “Write Files To Hard Drive Folder” ( Create a new folder before you start ) inside your new folder another folder is created as “Video_TS” folder with all files that are required for the DVD.

Now you open Nero Burning Rom to add these files and in the Burning Rom you can add a new folder to place all your images into including an .EXE PTE show if one wishes to view on computer, but they would require having a DVD Burner.

May want to read this thread, my post #10

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....419entry27419

Here is another

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4136

Been awhile since I have done it.

Any questions, come back here and someone will surly be able to answer any questions you may have.

Hi,

I usually burn video presentations with Ulead MovieFactory 4 instead of Nero Vision 4. I think it might be slightly easier than NV4 to create a dual data/video disc, since it's a single step process. I was going to buy MF5, but the download demo was corrupted so I didn't follow up on the purchase.

When it's time to burn the disc, there is an option to add other files to the disc, including a data folder of your media. PTE5 can also create a single zip file of everything used in the project.

When you are testing the data/dvd method, you might want to create a short video and use the nero image recorder option to create a nrg or iso image file of the DVD. Then you can use a free mounting program that will create a drive letter from the nrg/iso image. I sometimes use virtual daemon manager 3.47. Another one is slysoft virtual clonedrive.

tom

post-2058-1157831653_thumb.jpg

post-2058-1157831677_thumb.jpg