WnSoft Forums

Auto Pan and Zoom

brenowitz

Is it possible to randomize the pan and zoom effect for every slide, automatically? In video editors the term is "ripple". Whatever effect is applied to one slide is "rippled" to all the others. How can this be done in PTE so 800+ slides don't have to be worked on, one at a time? If not now, would it be in the final release of ver_5?

Is it possible to randomize the pan and zoom effect for every slide, automatically? In video editors the term is "ripple". Whatever effect is applied to one slide is "rippled" to all the others. How can this be done in PTE so 800+ slides don't have to be worked on, one at a time? If not now, would it be in the final release of ver_5?

Nope, not likely - that's the type thing you can find in Microsoft's free slideshow programs. Each image is different and requires a different approach to maximize quality. Some are amenable to zoom, some not. The same goes for pans, etc. Setting up a "random" pan or zoom just for the motion has little utility in a serious tool for quality presentation slideshows - that's the type gimmick which programs like Windows Movie Maker, etc., have.

I for one would never use such a thing but there is a place for it - just not in a serious tool. Motion and the Ken Burns effects can be used with great aesthetic quality if not overdone. Using them just for the sake of having movement detracts from what the artist wants to present.

Best regards,

Lin

We agree with opinion of Lin.

I plan to add special templates (in v5.1) to easily collect keypoints states and apply for other objects. It's necessary.

But we don't plan to add button to create Auto Pan or Auto Zoom for one or all slides.

I'm not professional in this question of digital photo, but I feel that Pan/Zoom should be thought-out individually for every image.