WnSoft Forums

Basic modern video cards

Michel

Admin1: I consider that usually enough 2400x1500 for Zoom effect and 9000 x 1024 for 360" panoramas. It will work fine on most of video cards

You can find the new link to download a little more down.

It's a complete slideshow with a simple full panoramic 360° in one image (a little below the limits fixed by Igor).

The voice at the end is in french (but translated in the file .zip): the sound is with a high quality encoding; very good speakers and sound cards needed. If you have problems with the sound, let me know which are your sound card and your speakers.

The question, and please I hope you answer only for these two questions:

- on which PC is this Legend "epileptogenic", I want to say "not smooth" ? (PC processor and videocard/memory)

- on which PC is this legend smooth ? (PC processor and videocard/memory)

It's important already now and more for the next Windows Vista: I hope to have answers from many differents members, if possible. It will be very interesting.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.lediaporama.fr/Diaporamas/V5/Legend.zip

It's a complete slideshow with a simple full panoramic 360° in one image (a little below the limits fixed by Igor).

The voice at the end is in french (but translated in the file .zip): the sound is with a high quality encoding; very good speakers and sound cards needed. If you have problems with the sound, let me know which are your sound card and your speakers.

- on which PC is this Legend "epileptogenic", I want to say "not smooth" ? (PC processor and videocard/memory)

It's important already now and more for the next Windows Vista: I hope to have answers from many differents members, if possible. It will be very interesting.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Michel,

Something strange - I can't open the executable to run it. The zip file contains the executable and a text file, but the executable doesn't work for me. My Windows XP system trys to run it, then after a delay presents a list of programs such as Photoshop to choose from to "run" the file. It's possible, I suppose that it became corrupted during the zipped download.

Best regards,

Lin

Smooth as silk Michel. No problems whatsoever and most enjoyable

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1400 MHz

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS 256 MB

Ron [uK]

Hi Michel

It works fine on my P4 with my new cheap NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 .

Just a white flashing thin line at the top of the picture at the begining and end of the show when the background is black. Due to my screen definition I guess.

Marco

Sorry, Lin, I suppose a problem with the é of Légende.

I already uploaded again, with the name Legend, it's better. I think it will work now (it works at home with a try of download).

Hi Michel,

Yes, that cured the problem and it works very well on my ATI Radion Pro 9800.

I did notice that on subsequent attempts to access the file I can't get in because a message pops up which says "bye bye" then asks for a user name and password?

Best regards,

Lin

Michel

1) There still is a problem with the attachment, I can't get in either because a message pops up which says "bye bye" and asks for a user name and password to enter your site www.lediaporama.fr

When I enter my user name and password (I am member of your site: CorVdK) it jumps again on my user name. Sometimes the user name changed in the user name I got from my internet provider.

2) I can not log in anymore with my user name and password on your site www.lediaporama.fr.

What is happening?

Cor

Michel

I have the same problem as others. I am asked for a user name and password.

Is your sequence unavailable now?

J'ai le même problème que d'autres. ;)

Il demande le mon nom d'utilisateur et mon mot de passe.

Est il non possible pour télécharger votre diaporama maintenant?

Merci.

Maureen

Michel,

Guess Ken wins the prize - not only was he able to run your sequence, but he also replied with information about his sound card as you requested. :)

I was able to access your site and the sequence, which I downloaded, but when I try to start it, all I get is a black screen. However, the system does not freeze up as with earlier versions of v.5, but returns me to the desktop after pressing "escape".

I am using an "ATI Radeon 9600" video card with 128 Mb of VRAM, and an external M-Audio sound module.

Sorry for the delay, the show is now here:

http://mcmedia.celeonet.fr/ORANGE/Pages/Legend.zip

Note off topic, for info:

- I asked Igor yesterday to quit my function of moderator. Great thanks, especially to Ken and Lumenlux, David (I forget perhaps some others) who help us to find and delete all very bad spams (sometimes 10/week).

Hello

Great shots

This slideshow stutters from beginning to the end (about 200 to 300 little stops for the panorama !). Only the scrolling of text behaves smoothly

Few members are replying (very few non english in particularily comment) to those tests and those who reply are selected one.

Such a test is nonsense and has strictly no scientific value !

AMD Athlon 1.01 GHZ

SDRAM 512 MB

NVIDIA GEFORCE 2MMX, 32MB Video memory

Sorry for the delay, the show is now here:

http://mcmedia.celeonet.fr/ORANGE/Pages/Legend.zip

Note off topic, for info:

- I asked Igor yesterday to quit my function of moderator. Great thanks, especially to Ken and Lumenlux, David (I forget perhaps some others) who help us to find and delete all very bad spams (sometimes 10/week).

Hi Michel'

I do not know what my computer has and dos not have? a frind pot it all togerther for me.

The pan is nice and smorth on my coputer, I like it. how did you do the titlee?

Regards

Fish 2

Hi Michel,

The files are now again downloadable. I tried it on my weakest video system:

Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset - 64 meg

The pan was smooth on the pano with a very slight hesitation during the fade transition to the second image. All else was quite smooth.

Gateway 915GAG with 1 GIG RAM

Sound: Realtek 100 type WDM sound card

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Michel'

I do not know what my computer has and dos not have? a frind pot it all togerther for me.

The pan is nice and smorth on my coputer, I like it. how did you do the titlee?

Regards

Fish 2

Hi Fish,

You can go to Start, Run then type in dxdiag and click O.K. This will tell you everything you need about the video card, system, etc.

Lin

Michel, your test exefile works very fine on both computers!

desktop: amd 3000+, videocard Gforce 5600 256mb, soundcard soundblaster live 2.

new notebook: ASUS A6-T, videocard Gforce 7600 256mb, soundmodule usb terratec Aureon 5.1

B)

Michel,

Smooth as silk on the following :

AMD 1.15GHz processor and Raedon 9200 graphics card with 128Mb of graphics memory.

Very interested in how you complied the pan shot. How many images and did you use some additional software to stitch the images together or did you just join them in Photoshop?

Jeff

Michel,

I re-booted, and voila! - all the PTE v.5 shows play OK again, including your demo. I must have been using a program which interfered with the proper operation of PTE, as it affected all of the v.5 shows I tried to run.

Beautiful photography, beautiful scenics, and everything works smoothly and sounds great. See my previous post for system stats. :)

Michel

1) There still is a problem with the attachment, I can't get in either because a message pops up which says "bye bye" and asks for a user name and password to enter your site www.lediaporama.fr

When I enter my user name and password (I am member of your site: CorVdK) it jumps again on my user name. Sometimes the user name changed in the user name I got from my internet provider.

2) I can not log in anymore with my user name and password on your site www.lediaporama.fr.

What is happening?

Cor

Michel,

1) Download back to normal.

Very nice pictures, beautiful sound, smooth show, except small "hic" between the end of the panorama and the first fade.

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2,00 GHz, graphics card NVidia GeForce4 MX460 with 64 Mb of graphics memory.

2) Still not possible to enter your site www.lediaporama.fr with my usual pasword :( .

Cor

You can find the new link to download a little more down.

Thanks in advance!

Michel,

most enjoyable.

Ran faultlessly on my "Self-Build" machine:

i) Processer - 1.85 Ghz AMD Athlon 64

ii) Video Card - G Force 7900 XFS 256Mb of RAM

John

Hi Michel,

The files are now again downloadable. I tried it on my weakest video system:

Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset - 64 meg

The pan was smooth on the pano with a very slight hesitation during the fade transition to the second image. All else was quite smooth.

Gateway 915GAG with 1 GIG RAM

Sound: Realtek 100 type WDM sound card

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Fish,

You can go to Start, Run then type in dxdiag and click O.K. This will tell you everything you need about the video card, system, etc.

Lin

Hi Lin,

This may bee a silly questun but I can not find the " Start, Run then type in dxdiag and click O.K." Is this in PTEXE or sumthing? thank's for your hellp.

regards

Fish 2