WnSoft Forums

Backgrounds in PTE slideshow

smithrg

Hi everyone, I would like to know how to add the background, in PTE slideshows. These have cutouts and frames where the actual photos are transitioned. (Example is Monicle show by Igor.)

I have been using PTE, for several years, for family photos, using the same gradiants and transitions.

I do have and use Photoshop CS to modify and improve my photos, but I don't have a clue how to get any backgrounds, I create into PTE shows.

I know this is elementary stuff to most of you, but you had to start somewhere.

Your help pointing me in the right direction to tutorials etc would be appreciated.

Thanks,robertg :(

robertg

welcome to the forum

I personally collect backgounds from web pages and when needed, i include an assortment in working folder

then

PROJECT OPTIONS/SCREEN/SOLID COLOUR

and i select the one i want

one source is

http://www.grsites.com/textures/

but if you google for wallpaper you will get lots of hits

web pages are usually pretty neat because gennerally the designer wants to grab your eye

ken

Hi Robertg,

Welcome on the forum.

To create backgrounds in Photoshop, you can download this tutorial : http://thefreedom.free.fr/share/dload.php?...&file_id=60

Unless I'm wrong, Tile Backgroung Picture (in Project OPtions | Screen or in Customize Slide | Main) is not reactivated yet in PTE v5.

But you can simply put your background as an image object in each slide of your project.

Hi everyone, I would like to know how to add the background, in PTE slideshows. These have cutouts and frames where the actual photos are transitioned. (Example is Monicle show by Igor.)

I have been using PTE, for several years, for family photos, using the same gradiants and transitions.

I do have and use Photoshop CS to modify and improve my photos, but I don't have a clue how to get any backgrounds, I create into PTE shows.

I know this is elementary stuff to most of you, but you had to start somewhere.

Your help pointing me in the right direction to tutorials etc would be appreciated.

Thanks,robertg :(

Hi Robertg,

I'm assuming you will be using the beta version so the following applies to that. If you create background (JPG, PNG, etc.) then I'm assuming that you want it to extend around the edges of the photo or photos you place on any particular page. So the issue becomes one of image size versus background size.

The next thing to decide is whether you will be using a "tiled" image or perhaps a different image for different slides as a background. From the Project Options click on the Screen tab where you normally add a gradient or solid background. If you want a tiled image, then any small jpg can be "repeated" as "tiles" so you just "point" with the browse tool to the image stored on your hard disk you wish to use as a "tiled" image and that image will be repeated for each slide.

If, on the other hand, you want to use a custom image as a background for different slides, you would go to the Objects and Animations screen and simply place the background image in the Objects list and adjust the relative size of the foreground and background images so that the desired amount of background shows behind your picture. You would repeat this on an individual basis for each slide as desired. Pay particular attention to zooms so that you don't make the overall size of the foreground image fill the screen and obliterate your background image - unless, of course, that's the effect you wish for a particular slide.

If you give us a bit more information about exactly what you want to achieve, we can probably be more specific with suggestions.

Best regards,

Lin

robertg

welcome to the forum

I personally collect backgounds from web pages and when needed, i include an assortment in working folder

then

PROJECT OPTIONS/SCREEN/SOLID COLOUR

and i select the one i want

one source is

http://www.grsites.com/textures/

but if you google for wallpaper you will get lots of hits

web pages are usually pretty neat because gennerally the designer wants to grab your eye

ken

Ken, thanks for the response I appreciate the help, robertg.

Hi Robertg,

I'm assuming you will be using the beta version so the following applies to that. If you create background (JPG, PNG, etc.) then I'm assuming that you want it to extend around the edges of the photo or photos you place on any particular page. So the issue becomes one of image size versus background size.

The next thing to decide is whether you will be using a "tiled" image or perhaps a different image for different slides as a background. From the Project Options click on the Screen tab where you normally add a gradient or solid background. If you want a tiled image, then any small jpg can be "repeated" as "tiles" so you just "point" with the browse tool to the image stored on your hard disk you wish to use as a "tiled" image and that image will be repeated for each slide.

If, on the other hand, you want to use a custom image as a background for different slides, you would go to the Objects and Animations screen and simply place the background image in the Objects list and adjust the relative size of the foreground and background images so that the desired amount of background shows behind your picture. You would repeat this on an individual basis for each slide as desired. Pay particular attention to zooms so that you don't make the overall size of the foreground image fill the screen and obliterate your background image - unless, of course, that's the effect you wish for a particular slide.

If you give us a bit more information about exactly what you want to achieve, we can probably be more specific with suggestions.

Best regards,

Lin

..........................................................................................................................................

Hi Lin,

Thanks for the response. I'm using v4.48, I never put anything with beta in the name(except Windows, which we know is always in beta) on my computers.

The method I am asking about is similar to your and Doms show, Theater 2- Birds Large and Small.

The theater stage opening would be the frame, and the slideshow would transition inside the frame.

Please see attachment for exactly what I'm striving to accomplish.

Thanks for the help, robertg

..........................................................................................................................................

Hi Lin,

Thanks for the response. I'm using v4.48, I never put anything with beta in the name(except Windows, which we know is always in beta) on my computers.

The method I am asking about is similar to your and Doms show, Theater 2- Birds Large and Small.

The theater stage opening would be the frame, and the slideshow would transition inside the frame.

Please see attachment for exactly what I'm striving to accomplish.

Thanks for the help, robertg

Hi Robertg,

Unfortunately those type effects are only avilable via the beta. They will be available as well in the release version of 5.0 but require the use of layers and animation.

Even if you only wanted the images to fade in and out within the framework of the theater curtains you would still need layers to avoid some sort of border between the uneven framework of the curtains and the pictures themselves so it's not possible to do this with release version 4.48 but it's very easy to do with the betas. The important features such as complete music sync and probably built-in text manipulation will very likely be introduced with the next beta but you can use the existing beta to make very good professional shows in either executable or AVI/DVD format.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Robertg,

Unfortunately those type effects are only avilable via the beta. They will be available as well in the release version of 5.0 but require the use of layers and animation.

Even if you only wanted the images to fade in and out within the framework of the theater curtains you would still need layers to avoid some sort of border between the uneven framework of the curtains and the pictures themselves so it's not possible to do this with release version 4.48 but it's very easy to do with the betas. The important features such as complete music sync and probably built-in text manipulation will very likely be introduced with the next beta but you can use the existing beta to make very good professional shows in either executable or AVI/DVD format.

Best regards,

Lin

...................................................................................................................

OK Lin, I may have to break a long standing rule, and try v5 beta. I assume I can have both versions installed.

Thank you and everyone for taking the time to help me, robertg.

robertq

maybe try experimenting with these curtains as backgroun - the gif will not move but you can diddle with them to see how they would look

http://www.geocities.com/pomelo_rosado/silentfilm.html

in the early days of v5 Lin and others played with them

ken

Thanks Ken, for your help, robertg