WnSoft Forums

YouTube

fitzner

:) Hey guys, this is Harry!!! I had to go back to Texas and work on selling the house and I finally did make that objective. The house closes on the 18th of November. While back I bought a program called "Video Edit Magic" that takes my video clips from my digital camera and will make them mpeg, avi etc. I can add music push and pull and over 150 different types of extras. I will one day get a new computer to work with the new program "version 5" Even this program with this computer is somewhat jerky but works better then version 5 PTE. You can go to "YouTube" I believe you have to register "free" and then type in "harryfitzner1" and should bring you to my movies that I make. I did copy one URL I am going to try and paste here and I don't know if it will work. You may be able to copy and paste it to the browser but here goes. The first 25 seconds breaks up and then it is fine for the rest of it. See ya at the movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtgOvCHmYos

Well, I did paste it. So try it or cut and paste.

Harry

:) Hey guys, this is Harry!!! I had to go back to Texas and work on selling the house and I finally did make that objective. The house closes on the 18th of November. While back I bought a program called "Video Edit Magic" that takes my video clips from my digital camera and will make them mpeg, avi etc. I can add music push and pull and over 150 different types of extras. I will one day get a new computer to work with the new program "version 5" Even this program with this computer is somewhat jerky but works better then version 5 PTE. You can go to "YouTube" I believe you have to register "free" and then type in "harryfitzner1" and should bring you to my movies that I make. I did copy one URL I am going to try and paste here and I don't know if it will work. You may be able to copy and paste it to the browser but here goes. The first 25 seconds breaks up and then it is fine for the rest of it. See ya at the movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtgOvCHmYos

Well, I did paste it. So try it or cut and paste.

Harry

I know it is a focus problem now but I am working on it.

:)

Hi Harry

Very effective editing software, but I still prefer slides!

The price of homes in Texas seems incredibly cheap if the notice featured in your movie is anything to go by. In the UK you might just get a glorified dog kennel for that!

Regards

Andrew

In South East Texas and especially in my area there is still damage done by hurricane Rita. My house was untouched but still affected my property. Then we have a "African American and White" problem. The school district is very poor here and not like it was when I was being schooled here. Most "African American and next espanic and some white" We have families moving to our area to work the refineries expansion projects creating hundred of new jobs but they would rather pay higher prices in neighboor white areas where the school districts are better. I had to practically give my house away.

I would also prefer slides but I don't have the computer power to handle the new version 5, so I am expanding my knowledge with movies for now. If you want to see any other movies I make just go to youtube and type into the search "harryfitzner1" and that will bring you to all of my work. It's a hobby and I do enjoy the challenge it gives me and Arkansas is so colerful and beautiful I will be able to even have more creativity there and even with slides but I will have to use the optional side of version 5 for slower computers.

Harry

In South East Texas and especially in my area there is still damage done by hurricane Rita. My house was untouched but still affected my property. Then we have a "African American and White" problem. The school district is very poor here and not like it was when I was being schooled here. Most "African American and next espanic and some white" We have families moving to our area to work the refineries expansion projects creating hundred of new jobs but they would rather pay higher prices in neighboor white areas where the school districts are better. I had to practically give my house away.

I would also prefer slides but I don't have the computer power to handle the new version 5, so I am expanding my knowledge with movies for now. If you want to see any other movies I make just go to youtube and type into the search "harryfitzner1" and that will bring you to all of my work. It's a hobby and I do enjoy the challenge it gives me and Arkansas is so colerful and beautiful I will be able to even have more creativity there and even with slides but I will have to use the optional side of version 5 for slower computers.

Harry

Hi Harry,

It really doesn't take much in the way of "computer power" to handle version 5. The real issue is "video card power".

If you click on the green "start" button on the bottom left of the Windows Desktop, then click on "Run" and type in "dxdiag" then click on "O.K." you can see exactly which video card and how much video RAM you have. You can also tell if you have an AGP video slot. If you do have an AGP video slot, you can buy one of the finest video cards available at a huge discount right now. The ATI Radeon 9800 Pro with 128 meg RAM is available for $87 on the web. I just replaced one of mine and the replacement card works perfectly. The original price for these cards was around $500 or more and the 9800 pro card will let you run flawless shows even with high RAM loading. If you older computer has an AGP (Advanced Graphics Port) slot - and you can find out by running the "dxdiag" as mentioned above - you could replace the old video card and run version 5 perfectly even with an older and slower processor because version 5 doesn't require a lot of computer processor power, just a decent video card and updated software which is available free for download.

Best regards,

Lin

Guest Techman1

Lin last time i talked with "the Fitz" he was running win 98 and i dont believe he had service packs installed :(

ken

So what's wrong with Windows 98? :P And they didn't call them Service Packs for 98, they were patches and SE (Second Edition). It's such a good operating system they didn't have to come up with a TE (Third Edition). Or maybe they did, was it NT or 2000 or XP or ????? :huh:

Harry, don't let Ken give you a bad time. Although they are right about upgrading the Video card. You can even get one online for something in the $30 range with 64mb or 128mb. Not the card mentioned, but many others. If you are still in Texas before your closing, try dropping by one of the Fry's Electronics stores. They constantly have great deals.

Take care all!

Fred

post-1883-1163354684_thumb.jpgpost-1883-1163354661_thumb.jpgpost-1883-1163354706_thumb.jpg

Hi Harry,

It really doesn't take much in the way of "computer power" to handle version 5. The real issue is "video card power".

If you click on the green "start" button on the bottom left of the Windows Desktop, then click on "Run" and type in "dxdiag" then click on "O.K." you can see exactly which video card and how much video RAM you have. You can also tell if you have an AGP video slot. If you do have an AGP video slot, you can buy one of the finest video cards available at a huge discount right now. The ATI Radeon 9800 Pro with 128 meg RAM is available for $87 on the web. I just replaced one of mine and the replacement card works perfectly. The original price for these cards was around $500 or more and the 9800 pro card will let you run flawless shows even with high RAM loading. If you older computer has an AGP (Advanced Graphics Port) slot - and you can find out by running the "dxdiag" as mentioned above - you could replace the old video card and run version 5 perfectly even with an older and slower processor because version 5 doesn't require a lot of computer processor power, just a decent video card and updated software which is available free for download.

Best regards,

Lin

I made some attachments from the "dxdiag" to show you what this computer has. Could not find the information about if I have a video slot for a card. I seem to remember learning at one time that the video card might be intergrated into the computer board itself. I no that my sound is that way but it went out and I could get a sound card to replace it after I disabled the sound card from the computer board itself.

Harry%7Boption%7D

post-1883-1163354706_thumb.jpg

Well I need someone to look at my attachments above to determine if my computer can have another video card installed. I found this at Fry's electronics so what do you think can I do version 5 with this video card?

See attachment

post-1883-1163376349_thumb.jpg

Guest Techman1

Tom,

I'm sure Harry will jump at this deal. If not, let me know I would be happy to pay the shipping fee to receive the card here. I'm needing a card for my test PC as my last one bit the dust. I haven't upgraded yet as I'm hoping to buy a new PC somewhere down the road. Unfortunately, it seems to be a "long road" as I'm always needing the money for something else.

Anyway, I think it's great that you are offering this to Harry and hope he will take you up on it. I am always amazed at the generousity of the members on this forum. Everyone have a great week!

Take care,

Fred

yes Tom, that is VERY VERY generous of you. Do you think it will fit in my computer. Above you know I have the attachments from "dxdiag" but I still could not find if there is a slot for a video card. If there is I would call Gateway as I have a life time warranty for advise for this computer. I would somewhere have to disable the video card that I think is incorporated with the main circut board. i did this already for my sound when it went out and it was also built into the circut board but I was able to buy a sound card to bypass the other. I hope all this makes some sinse!! I am currently paying off a Dell Lap for my daughters work in college. I noticed when making a payment my credit line was over or perhaps close to $2000. After selling the house this is considered income to the Veterians Admin. and they will I think count it against my disability dollar per dollar. I told them that I only made 26000 for house and I owed 15,500 and the cost of tittle search and all the expenses my net profit would be maby 7-$9000 or less. I am saying this because using the credit may be out of the picture so I think your VIDEO CARD will be better for now. I already increased my RAM from 198 to 384 and while here by myself (wife is already in Arkansas) I have takend the liberty to get DSL for the first time and I L O V E it!!!! Blab blab saying to much.

Yes send the video card to:

Harry Fitzner

C/O Paul Fitzner

P. O. Box 637

Nederland, Texas 77627

My new email is: hrryfitzner@yahoo.com For some reason Yahoo would not take harry

Harry

:( Well Tom after calling Gateway to see if I have a AGP slot the answer is no. I need a PCI card. So if anyone out there knows what kind of a PCI video card let me know and I will research this. Almost seems like I just need a new computer!!!!!!!!

But TOM, thank you for your generocity so much and I do appreciate it very much. Our guys and gals on our forum are the best!! I may have to convince my wife that while we have this parcel of money from the sale of the house it might be now or who knows when. So, Tom I say thanks again and I relinquish the card to another forum member who is also in need of your generocity.

Harry

Guest Techman1

Harry,

I sent you a message with a few links to where you might find a PCI Video Card for not too much money. I hope this helps.

Tom,

As Harry mentioned, thank you for your generousity. I've sent you an email. I won't need the video card as it turns out, so maybe someone else on the forum can benefit from your kindness.

Take care,

Fred

Harry,

I sent you a message with a few links to where you might find a PCI Video Card for not too much money. I hope this helps.

Tom,

As Harry mentioned, thank you for your generousity. I've sent you an email. I won't need the video card as it turns out, so maybe someone else on the forum can benefit from your kindness.

Fred, I called Gateway to confirm that I do have a slot in the back of my computer for the PCI Video Card and I do. They gave me what they had compatiable for windows 98 and it is a "GeForce PCI 128 card for $84.99.?????? So, I checked one of the sights you gave me and if it is the same it is listed for $59.00 so quite a savings. Gateway said that with my already 384 mb I would have to increase with a 128 mb ram card also because you take the total mb of ram substract the video card ram and it should be at least 128 mb left so in my case I would around 256 mb to use for the version 5. Does that make any since about increasing my ram to accomondate the video card. At any rate I am attaching some information about the card for you to study and let me know what you think.

harry

Take care,

Fred

post-1883-1163546109_thumb.jpg

post-1883-1163546128_thumb.jpg

post-1883-1163546144_thumb.jpg

Gateway said that with my already 384 mb I would have to increase with a 128 mb ram card also because you take the total mb of ram substract the video card ram and it should be at least 128 mb left so in my case I would around 256 mb to use for the version 5. Does that make any since about increasing my ram to accomondate the video card.

No Harry, that does not make sense to me. I think there is something mis-understood. If you add the new card with 128mb video memory, you do not create a need for more ram (of which you have 384mb.)

As for the card GeForce PCI 128mb card recommended by Gateway - Unless you have more exact description, that may or may not be the same as the GeForce 5200 you are finding for $59. But I think the 5200 is the same as the free one originally offered to you. The one you would buy for $59 is the PCI version which apparently will fit, whereas the free one, the AGP version won't. When v5 Beta first came out, I bought the 5200 for an older pc I was giving to someone. But the version of the 5200 that I bought, had (best I remember) 256mb vs the 128 you are seeing. Also, I think the CompUSA sale on the 256mb card was $49. The one I bought, enabled my older pc to do just fine with V5 which was not the case prior to the 5200 card. Igor stresses that the 128mb should most always be adequate, but you may find the 5200 with 256mb for the same price or better than the 128mb version you have found. Don't you love all the "complications". Good luck.

No Harry, that does not make sense to me. I think there is something mis-understood. If you add the new card with 128mb video memory, you do not create a need for more ram (of which you have 384mb.)

As for the card GeForce PCI 128mb card recommended by Gateway - Unless you have more exact description, that may or may not be the same as the GeForce 5200 you are finding for $59. But I think the 5200 is the same as the free one originally offered to you. The one you would buy for $59 is the PCI version which apparently will fit, whereas the free one, the AGP version won't. When v5 Beta first came out, I bought the 5200 for an older pc I was giving to someone. But the version of the 5200 that I bought, had (best I remember) 256mb vs the 128 you are seeing. Also, I think the CompUSA sale on the 256mb card was $49. The one I bought, enabled my older pc to do just fine with V5 which was not the case prior to the 5200 card. Igor stresses that the 128mb should most always be adequate, but you may find the 5200 with 256mb for the same price or better than the 128mb version you have found. Don't you love all the "complications". Good luck.

:o Well, I think I am going crazy!! However the 5200 card with 256 mb for the same $$$ would be good. Right now I am working with the title company to sign documents. Our problem here is that I am here and my wife is already in Arkansas so the documents were sent to her first to sign and have notorized and fed xed over night for Thursday and then friday I sign. I should get a check for $8000 to use towards a fabricated house. But I must say that you and the other guys are great wanted to help me out. I am working on getting my other project with moving pictures to change their forum page content like ours is with pte. By us talking to each other and solving our problems takes a lot of work from the moderator. They seem to like this idea. By the members working with each other we prosper relationships and learn that way. i am also working on a YOUTUBE Video edit magic club where we can put our creations on the web that Google owns with unlimited mb space. I will let all know when I get this computer all together. This friday I have to pack it up and will probably not use it for some time. I can use the down time to install the new card though.

Harry

• 2 months later...