WnSoft Forums

Title Slides - how?

rwav

Basic question, but I use PhotoImpact to build those, especially if I want several lines of text to appear one by one on the "same" slide.

However, I learned in the past that there are more simple solutions than the one I choose. :rolleyes:

Anyone get the effect above by using PTE object editor or else?

Hello rwav,

I agree, setting up your text in the PTE object editor might do what you need.

On the main PTE opening page click Object Editor located near the Remove Slide button. In the upper left area of the object screen click the symbol that looks like a Notepad to the right of an A symbol. Right click the mouse to set the properties and text. You can drag this around the screen. You can copy & paste its position and characteristics to your other sides.

You can set more than one text box on the same slide if you need differant font sizes or colors.

Have fun,

Object Editors are great for titles, but you have to remember that object editors "move around" depending on the screen resolution. (You can preview this on the OBJECT EDITOR page, top left corner)

So if the show is going to be used on different computers, outside of your control, it might be better to use software such as PhotoShop and build the text into one of the images itself

Did you check Vicman's Photo Editor?

It's a very interesting free pictures editor, with several advanced features, many filters (same format as Photoshop's), a lot of effects (on text too), all common drawing tools (sizable pen, pencil, eraser; color dropper; magic wand; bucket etc. etc.).

Why not try? It's worthwhile, and it's free...

I like to use gifs for my titles. And now with the additon of Transparentency Gif added to PTE 4.0 makes it that much easier. If you make your Gif title with a transparent background and place it with the object editor. I think it gives it a very nice look for titles. If it does not have a transparent background you can go to the properties in PTE of the Gif you added and tell it to make the background transparent.

The bad thing about using the Text box for your titles. Is you might pick a font that you have on your computer and who ever is viewing your show may not have it on theirs. So when they view your show they will see the default font. And it will not look like you had intended. If you use the text box for titles I recommend use a standerd font.

cc