WnSoft Forums

PTE Presentations Hosted on Beechbrook.Com

cottage

Please note: Beginning April 1st I will be doing my normal monthly maintenance on Beechbrook.Com. Due to the increased size of many presentations (and very limited donations) it will be necessary for me to begin reducing the hosting time limit of your presentations from their normal 6 months to 4 months duration. Additionally, I will begin this same 'timeline' with all PTE utilities. Up to this point utilities never expired on my site. Keep in mind that this relates to presentations and utilities hosted on my site. It DOES NOT relate to any presentations/utilities that you host and I only provide a link, database entries and email notifications for.

This step is necessary because I am currently hosting several hundred Megs of PTE material. Thank you for your continued understanding and support.

Kind regards,

Bill

Dear Bill, first of all thank you very much for your valuable service of hosting PTE stuff (and so much!).

I guess all of us can understand perfectly that you cannot freely host hundreds of presentations; but I think it could be better to cut some presentations rather than utilities, that are all very important to PTE users, and are usually very small (1-2 MB). And some of them can also be removed, keeping a link with the author's site.

What I would like is no one of these utilities is lost. Probably it's not difficult for you, since their total size can be reduced to no more than 10-15 MB.

Thank you again Bill. All your work has been, and still is basic to development and knowledge of "our" program.

Bill:

I too thank you very much for providing space for the PTE shows. :rolleyes:

The internet and its ancillaries are not free despite what we all would like to think and hope.

Personally I would have no problem if you were to levy a fee to have a show on your site.

At the very least I think you should feel very comfortable to post on the PTE page the approximate cost you incur for the hosting of a typical show.

Bill

What you have done for me in re-assembling my shows from emails is priceless, what you have done for all of us and for the furtherance of PTE is incalculable. I agree with JRR (Sorry cant remember name) some indication of your costs would be good and I for one would be prepared to pay a fee per Mb per month to be hosted. Igors charge for the program is very reasonable and a small charge to assist you seems to me only fair and correct.

Regards

Mike

Mersea Island

Maybe, along with our thanks to Bill - it is time to remind all forum members that it is possible to donate $ to Bill's support effort. Many new users and PTE forum members probably don't know this is possible. In the past there have been several generous donations large and small. I would invite Bill to let us know how to make donations if someone wants to now.

Thanks to everyone that has responded to my recent notice. I do appreciate all of your comments and your many kind words. Please understand that I am not making a plea for funds. If someone is moved to donate, then I will accept his or her donation with many thanks.

I wish to keep my site FREE of recurring charges to the PTE community. If there are donations, they are gratefully accepted and appreciated.

Again, thank you to those that have responded.

Kind regards,

Bill