WnSoft Forums

Quick transition

Boogie

I don't know when it disappeared, but the Quick transition in Project Options/Effects has gone in V5 beta 8.

Is no longer possible to set Quick transitions as a Global setting?

Is it hidden somewhere else?

It is a very useful Global setting which I would miss if unavailable now.

It is available still as a Customised setting on individual slides.

Boogie

I don't know when it disappeared, but the Quick transition in Project Options/Effects has gone in V5 beta 8.

Boogie

Go to Project Options, then the Effects tab and uncheck enable transition effects. This will give you a global setting for quick slide changes. You can still over-ride this for individual slides but this will work as the Quick Transitions did in 4.x

Lin

Go to Project Options, then the Effects tab and uncheck enable transition effects. This will give you a global setting for quick slide changes. You can still over-ride this for individual slides but this will work as the Quick Transitions did in 4.x

Lin

Lin

Thanks for that. I have got it to work.

It seems a bit strange that one can set defaults for all the transitions except "Quick" and for "Quick" one has to have no transitions set.

Is it assumed that "Quick" is no longer a transition?

Boogie

Boogie,

Yes, now you can totally disable all effects in global options or set Quick transition for individual slide.

It was necessary because with random effects for usual effect we have effect duration (say 1.5 seconds) and 0 ms. of duration for Quick transition.

In case of Pan/Zoom effects and Objects and animation window it gives logical problems.

Boogie

At one time, a "quick" transition was simply a "fade" with a fast transition time (hence the name "quick" instead of "cut". You can still set this in Proj Ops, by choosing "Fade" and a time of whatever you want (say 10 or 20 ms)..

At one time, a "quick" transition was simply a "fade" with a fast transition time (hence the name "quick" instead of "cut". You can still set this in Proj Ops, by choosing "Fade" and a time of whatever you want (say 10 or 20 ms)..

Igor

I see that the change was needed because of programming problems. It just needs adjusting to the new version after so many times using the "old" system.

Al

Good point. I would not have thought of that!! It just goes to show, like Photoshop, there is more than one way of skinning a cat! Perhaps the tutorials for the new version should introduce the correct terminology of "cut" as opposed to a "quick fade" and explain how one can obtain a "cut". (? note for all the clever people who are writing the V5 tutorials)

Boogie