WnSoft Forums

Repeat until ESC is Pressed is gone in Beta 8G

Lin Evans

Hi Igor,

In version 8 G the feature "Repeat until ESC is pressed" is no longer functional on my copy.

Let me amend this to explain that the Repeat until ESC is pressed works if transitions are enabled, but if you remove the check mark from "Enable Transitions" in the Project Options then set the time for zero seconds and 100ms for all slides, the program will run one sequence then stop in either preview mode OR in the executable. In earlier betas doing this did not have this effect but the show would loop until ESC was pressed.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

I found that this feature works fine as far as the Preview is concerned. I have not however tried creating an EXE file to test it. Is that where you have found the problem?

Peter

Hi Peter,

It's been working fine in earlier betas, but it doesn't work for me with beta 8g either on preview or on the executables created. But I should clarify when it doesn't work.

Turn off transitions in Project options, set the timing to zero seconds and 100ms for all slides then try it. It's been working fine for me until 8g. If you turn on transitions then it works but with transitions disabled it stops after one sequence.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

I just checked up beta 8a and beta 8g and repeating always worked. Slide show engine exactly same in beta 8g and 8a.

But 100ms. is too small interval. Try to set 1000 ms. will it solve the problem with repeating?

Please make two EXE files (e.g. beta8a_OK.exe and beta8g_problem.exe) to illustrate this problem.

Lin,

I just checked up beta 8a and beta 8g and repeating always worked. Slide show engine exactly same in beta 8g and 8a.

But 100ms. is too small interval. Try to set 1000 ms. will it solve the problem with repeating?

Please make two EXE files (e.g. beta8a_OK.exe and beta8g_problem.exe) to illustrate this problem.

Hi Igor,

You are right! I now understand why it's not working the same way as in my earlier beta test.

In my first beta test of the sequences at 100ms, I used 12 slides reversed in sequence then repeated this procedure multiple times until I had about 120 slides, but then followed the sequence by a single slide with about a 5 second display time. The show was set to repeat until ESC was pressed (the 3D mushroom show).

This time I made another but only placed the 12 slides in the sequence plus these same slides reversed in order and set the show to repeat until ESC was pressed thinking that I wouldn't need to actually repeat the sequence in the slide list.

When I changed the timing to 200ms the "Repeat until ESC" worked so I continued trying different timings until it failed at about 110ms. The "secret" to getting the display to work as I expected is to repeat the sequence in the slide list as many times as necessary to get the effect to last as long as I want then place a single slide with a transition and a reasonable display time. If I do this the effect is the same as on the Mushroom 3D.

Thanks very much, my mistake....

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

OK!

p.s. Are you already tried Fade effect for 199 ms. on each slide? It should gives excellent smoothness for your demo example.

Hi Igor,

Yes, that works nicely - thanks! - I'm trying to decide about the potential for 3D directions and am looking into anaglyphs as well as interleave LC-shutter (L-R-L-R) and 3D LCD (L-R-L-R). I think there may be lots of future potential for 3D animated slideshows, but that's for after you rest up from all the work getting out P2E 5.0 which is coming along beautifully!!

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

Does the same problem occur also when you click left mouse button? I have a lot of fade in- fade out effects and advise the users to end by left mouse when esq not works properly. (it's sometimes harder when using fade effects)