WnSoft Forums

Remember how it felt? (Jr. Prom)

LumenLux

Seems like things have been just a wee bit slow with new "shows" posted. And I thought we also should make use of this new section of the forum. So, here's the story -

Friday we all had so much fun watching the teenagers get ready for the prom I decided why not a little PTE to share some of the flavor. Actually, considering how much harrassment the young man had to endure ( with parents, siblings, in-laws - and cameras - all watching), he did pretty good. For some of us, this could test our memory - the nervousness of the guy having to go encounter the parents. The excitement of the girl - to have everything just right. See if your memory is longer than this minute and a half reminder.

Of course, especially with this new forum section, ANY feedback is encouraged.

Oh yes, the show should be on Beechbrook.com as soon as Bill has a chance to see it. Title: Prime for Prom

If you are using Windows XP, I would love to hear from you about the Prime for Prom presentation. I think someone had similiar problems a few weeks ago with XP, as I now think may exist with this show.

I have just today tried to run the show on a pc here with XP Home version. The show as it is on Beechbrook, will not run on this XP system. It juggles the first couple of slides around and seems to then just not go further. The nature of the music makes it hard to tell what is happening with the sound, but it does keep playing.

I just now, created a version using PTE's INTERNAL sound player. On the same XP machine, the show now seems to run. The sound does skip a time or two near the first and then the presentation runs ok to completion.

If you have tried the show on XP machine, please share your experience here. I would like to know what is happening and perhaps Igor might also like to know. He has for the version or two, specifically aimed at making PTE in the XP style. And he may have said something about re-writing the current internal player. So, your experience may help us all, for a one machine sample is not too useful.

Bob,

Could it be that your XP machine is slower, and that your transition timings are cut close, so that they work on the faster machine, but bog down on the slower machine?

I think that that's the problem in most cases like this, and that's why I think that Igor changing the PTE display engine to not stutter when the transition timings are off is An Important Thing.

Harold

Interestingly enough, the "offending" XP machine is 1.4 ghz and the "composer" machine is only 750mhz. The XP does have only 128 ddr ram. I think, from prior discussions and this problem, that it has to do with the XP handling of sound players(?).

It juggles the first couple of slides around and seems to then just not go further.

The first time I tried to run the show I had the same problem.

But I was running it out of the zip file.

After I extracted the show the file ran fine on my XP system.

I am running a

2.53 hz

512 MB Ram