WnSoft Forums

ideas of improvment

rakn

Hi all,

I got some ideas on improvments that I would like to mention. If you like them perhaps they can be added to "the official wish list"...

- In the Objects and Animation window, it would be nice if you could add one more parameter to play with : If you could set a "Blur" percentage (much like the Opacity feature), you could spare some Photoshop work and extra images if you want an image to become a diffuse background.

- In the slidelist, if you "grab" a picture to change it's position outside the present visible area, an autoscroll feature would be great.

- Under the Music tab in Project Options : The "Show Duration" button can be removed, and the duration for the selected file can always be displayed. Also, if you could select multiple files, you could see the total duration for these.

- More built-in help : Pop-Up "ballon type" help texts when you park the mouse over the different buttons, sliders, check marks etc. I know there are many good tutorials to go through, but it's time consuming to find the right tutorial and find what you are looking for. A searchable MS Word file with text and images would be much quicker. Perhaps it could be integrated in PTE as a Help function.

Well enough for now ...

Ragnar

- In the Objects and Animation window, it would be nice if you could add one more parameter to play with : If you could set a "Blur" percentage (much like the Opacity feature), you could spare some Photoshop work and extra images if you want an image to become a diffuse background.

Thanks, I think it's a subject of future versions, I added your suggestion to TODO list. I received a letter with similar idea a couple of days ago.

- In the slidelist, if you "grab" a picture to change it's position outside the present visible area, an autoscroll feature would be great.

It already exists in all versions since 2004. Autoscroll turns on when you hold dragged images over last 30 pixels of the Slide list.

- Under the Music tab in Project Options : The "Show Duration" button can be removed, and the

duration for the selected file can always be displayed. Also, if you could select multiple files, you could see the total duration for these.

I'll try to do it in the next version. Good idea.

- More built-in help : Pop-Up "ballon type" help texts when you park the mouse over the different buttons, sliders, check marks etc. I know there are many good tutorials to go through, but it's time consuming to find the right tutorial and find what you are looking for. A searchable MS Word file with text and images would be much quicker. Perhaps it could be integrated in PTE as a Help function.

I totally agree, after main works on v5.00 I plan to develop such kind of help system.

Igor and team,

I continue to be impressed by your speed of response to comments and ideas, and by your positive replies to user requests. Not many support teams can claim to be as supportive as that!

Keep up the good work on what is already an excellent product, and which sounds as though it is going to get even better.

Under the Music tab in Project Options : The "Show Duration" button can be removed,

Igor

Please do not remove this show duration button :(

I use it frequently as I often have a number of different timings on the same piece of music and if I want to do a quick demo I can double check I've chosen the correct short piece of music.

So useful if I'm working infront of a large audience. :)

BW Maureen

Igor

Please do not remove this show duration button :(

I use it frequently as I often have a number of different timings on the same piece of music and if I want to do a quick demo I can double check I've chosen the correct short piece of music............

Maureen,

Wouldn't Ragnar's suggestion still provide you with the information you need (he is suggesting that the duration time be displayed without having to press the button.)

Igor,

I'm glad if I can contribute in some way to an already fantastic product.

Thanks for listening.

All,

My idea was to remove the button only, not the time duration information.

The time duration could be shown (always) for the sound files currently selected.

The button itself is not needed.