WnSoft Forums

Making DVD with PTE?

skipeye

Hello group:

I've never posted in a discussion group before. Anyway, I've made a .exe program which consists of about 38 slides with music in the back. For travelling purposes, I'd like to take this program "on the road" by merely playing the program on a standard DVD player.

How can I best do this?

Thank you for thinking about this.

Sincerely,

"skipeye"

Skipeye, welcome to the forum.

PTE is a great program, but it is not a "be all to end all" - yet.

As some members have already commented in previous posts, PTE is intended to be a presentation program to provide the highest quality images with the highest quality transitions possible with current technology. (and a few other features - see Igor's list - such as object programming, etc.). PC implementation, so far, provides the highest-quality images.

Therefore, since DVD represents a step down (in image quality at least), you will have to (for the present time) use one of the several other software packages to do DVD. Given the complexity of DVD, what with different formats, codecs, etc., it will be a while, if ever, before this capability is implemented totally within PTE, (IMHO). However, I agree with you that it would be a nice feature to have.

To review the past posts on the subject, click on "search", select "past 365 days", and type in "DVD player". You will find all you ever wanted to know about DVD from the many experts on this forum. :(

If you have any other specific questions, please don't hesitate to ask, and someone can either direct you to specific posts where this topic has been covered, or answer your question directly.

Ciao,

Al

Hello Skipeye

Welcome,

From what I have read I don't think you can get your EXE file to play on a DVD player.

To get a slideshow to play on your DVD player You would have to convert your show to a Video

and the quality would not be as good as you have on your computer screen.

I am sure if you want a step by step answer, someone will be willing to help.

For myself I have a Sony computer and Sony has a program called "Click to DVD" It will take

my pictures and a sound file and make a DVD with them. I can even sync the sound and the

pictures so they end at the same time.

But nothing compares to the quality of PTE. (In my opinion.)

cc

Thanks for the quick responses. I was hoping that there would be an easy answer but...

My choice, I guess, for a large number of people to see the presentation would be to use a computer and computer projector. A DVD just seemed to make more sense to me.

Again, thanks for the advice.

Skipeye

Skipeye, if you have the projector option, that should certainly get your point across. On the rare occasions that I have had use of a projector it is great. Size can really make a difference- for fun for sure.

I would recite here the usual cautions: If you run the projected show on a lap-top, be sure to run the exact show on the exact lap-top ahead of time. Perhaps it is mainly older laptops, but they seem to be more finicky than desktops when it comes to this type of work. There have been some dismayed or at least sweaty presenters of PTE shows when the furnished lap-top does not perform as expected.