WnSoft Forums

Vista -- PTE 4.48 running application Problem

brilewis

I am finding the PTE slide shows I create on my XP PRO computer using 4.48 and put on a cd (or even running them directly) will not run on my Vista computer (brand new computer, came with Vista Business). In particular, when I have an intro slide show, and then run a slide show from within the intro all is fine until I try to exit out of the second show. It locks up. I have tried several cds and several diferent shows.

Would it make a diffrence if I used version 5? Would it make a diference if the PTE slide shows were created on the computer with Vista?

Thanks.bri

Brian,

Welcome to the Forum!

I don't use Vista so can't help you too much.

However, if you try removing the music from the second show, will it exit properly? V.5 might work, but you couldn't use it for the first show, as the external application feature is not activated yet. You can however put such a link in a v.4 sequence and use it to start a v.5 sequence. Will the second show exit gracefully on it's own?

Brian,

From your Post I deduce as follows:-

1) You made a Pte.Show with XP-Pro and from within that Show you open a 2nd Show ~ is that correct ?

2) You then made a CD with the Combo-Show ~ is that correct ?

Some Questions:-

a)

When you made your Main Show did you create this Show as an Exe...(In Pte Instructions, Create Show as..."Show.Exe") or have you used the Pte Template....Save Show as "Show.pt" and it was that which was put on CD ?

B)

If the latter is the case then the Show will only work on your XP-Pro ~ it will not work on any other System until you create a "Show.Exe"

c)

May it not be the case that your Main Show was created as a 'PTE.pt' File and your 2nd Show was created as 'Show.Exe' File ~ that would create all types of problems!

d)

Finally is the security features of Vista-Business set up to run external/imported .Exe Files ?

Hope this will create a few pointers to isolate your problem.

Brian.Conflow.

I think I got it figured out. I was having a "Sonic..." driver incompatability error coming up on boot up. This is a brand new Dell precision laptop with Vista Business installed.. error came up first time I booted it.

Before I solved the Sonic problem with a patch from Roxio (Drag to Disc program). I figured out that the problem only happened when the shows had music..no music, no problem.

When I talked to Dell and got the patch... all is working now...

Guess I should have figured that first.. but all other audio programs worked fine and I did not think "Roxio drag to disc driver" would effect the pte. But it did....

Thanks for the help.. hope this solution helps somone else...

Brian Lewis

www.brianlewis.com

Brian,

From your Post I deduce as follows:-

1) You made a Pte.Show with XP-Pro and from within that Show you open a 2nd Show ~ is that correct ?

2) You then made a CD with the Combo-Show ~ is that correct ?

Some Questions:-

a)

When you made your Main Show did you create this Show as an Exe...(In Pte Instructions, Create Show as..."Show.Exe") or have you used the Pte Template....Save Show as "Show.pt" and it was that which was put on CD ?

B)

If the latter is the case then the Show will only work on your XP-Pro ~ it will not work on any other System until you create a "Show.Exe"

c)

May it not be the case that your Main Show was created as a 'PTE.pt' File and your 2nd Show was created as 'Show.Exe' File ~ that would create all types of problems!

d)

Finally is the security features of Vista-Business set up to run external/imported .Exe Files ?

Hope this will create a few pointers to isolate your problem.

Brian.Conflow.