WnSoft Forums

Is there an UNDO button in PTE?

Bert

Hi All,

After I had put 200 slides from all different folders on my computer in the slide list of PTE, I went in a folder in my computer to get one more slide. Instead of clicking "Add selected picture(s) to slide list", I clicked on "Add all pictures to slide list". So the whole folder (400 pictures) was added to the slide list. I know that I should have made my selections in a folder outside of PTE first, but I did'nt. :(

So can I Undo the last action in PTE?

An other question is, because I made the slide list from all different folders on my computer, it only exist in PTE. Is there a way to save or copy all the pictures that are in the slide list, in a separate folder on my computer?

Thanks,

Bert

Hi Bert,

You can do this Go to View menu in pte make sure File Panel is unticked ( its easier) Hightlight first photo Hold down Shift key Click on last photo to Highlight all Photos Right click on selected photos Go to explorer Copy and then go to a new folder and Paste to it.

Should have mentioned make your new folder first.

You must have all photos in same folder for PTE.

This does work I have just tried it.

All the best Ray

There's actually an easier way but Ray's method will work. Just do as he suggests and find the first file in the slide list which you don't want then hold down the shift key and find the last file and click the mouse. This will "select" that entire group of files. Then simply click and hold down the left mouse key and drag the entire group to the left off the slide list and let go of the mouse key. That's all there is to it.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi All,

After I had put 200 slides from all different folders on my computer in the slide list of PTE, I went in a folder in my computer to get one more slide. Instead of clicking "Add selected picture(s) to slide list", I clicked on "Add all pictures to slide list". So the whole folder (400 pictures) was added to the slide list. I know that I should have made my selections in a folder outside of PTE first, but I did'nt. :(

So can I Undo the last action in PTE?

An other question is, because I made the slide list from all different folders on my computer, it only exist in PTE. Is there a way to save or copy all the pictures that are in the slide list, in a separate folder on my computer?

Thanks,

Bert

Hi Bert,

To answer your other question "Is there a way to save or copy all the pictures that are in the slide list, in a separate folder on my computer?"

Yes there is - if you use File...Create Backup in Zip...this will create a backup zip file of your sequence. You can then copy this to another folder and unzip it. When it has been unzipped the new folder will contain your PTE project files, sound files, and all the images used in your show - all in one handy folder.

Hi Bert,

To answer your other question "Is there a way to save or copy all the pictures that are in the slide list, in a separate folder on my computer?"

Yes there is - if you use File...Create Backup in Zip...this will create a backup zip file of your sequence. You can then copy this to another folder and unzip it. When it has been unzipped the new folder will contain your PTE project files, sound files, and all the images used in your show - all in one handy folder.

Bert,

You asked (Quoted..."Is there a way to save or copy all the pictures that are in the slide list, in a separate folder on my computer?")

Yes, simply create a PTE Template whilch is saved within the PTE Program Folder in the Template Folder. You can copy this or move it to your HD as an independent Folder if you so wish.

Brian.Conflow.

Yes there is - if you use File...Create Backup in Zip...this will create a backup zip file of your sequence.

Keith,

Unfortunately, this option is not available in version 4 - only in one of the v.5 betas.

Hi Al,

You are quite correct - see "General Note" below.

Bert, if you are using v4.48 then you can achieve the same result by creating a template as per Brian's reply above.

"General Note"-

What this has highlighted (and has happened before) is that unless people start their queries by telling us what version they are using then it can be confusing - perhaps we should try to encourage some sort of standard approach to raising questions. Eg to start by stating "I'm using PTEv5.'n', Audition v'n', Photoshop v'n', ... etc" then ask the question.

Should this appear as a separate guideline somewhere on the forum, I don't know if such a place exisits for tips on how best to use the forum...

Thanks for all your sugestions, I am working in PTE5.

Ray and Lin, your method worked, luckely the 400 slides I had added by accident, where added at the end of the side-list and therfore easy to go to.

KSF, I did the "Create backup in zip" and have now the PTE slidelist on my hard drive.

Conflow, I have seen the "Create template" sign, but I am not that familiar with the templates. I did a search in the forum, but could find no info of the things I can do with it.

I went over all the commands in PTE5, and noticed that under project, there is an (Greyed Out) Undo and Redo command. Would they have worked in my case if not greyed out?

Thanks again,

Bert