WnSoft Forums

Seeking imperfect pans

kesian

Hello All,

Longtime lurker here playing with the beta, and having lots of fun. Can you tell me if what I want to do is possible?

Imagine shooting handheld video looking out the side of a bus going down a country road. The screen would have random jiggles and bounces as the scenery goes by -- that's the effect I'd like to produce with stills and PTE 5.

The only way I can think to do that would be to insert a bunch of keyframes to jiggle the image around. I've tried this a little bit, but to be convincing, it seems it would take way too many keyframes to be practical.

Adobe After Effects has something called the jiggler, explained here:

http://www.creativecow.net/articles/tierne...gler/index.html

Any thoughts/suggestions greatly appreciated.

cheers,

Lee Schwabe

San Antonio

Lee, I played briefly with a similar idea but the view as if through the front windshield riding down a dirt road. My brief attempts did not yield anything I liked. I think some of our "imitate video" ideas are not really that useful. Part of the challenge for V5 users will continue to be to learn which effects "work" vs. "can be done." But for some of us, the only way to learn will be by trying. Frankly, I hope someone will show "going down a bumpy road" can be a useful template or at least technique.

Hi: Love your software! You mentioned below that you have plans in the future for this imperfect video. I wonder if you are talking of a template? That would seem to me to be very close to the auto pan/zoom that some people want. Hopefully you will think about this as an option down the road.

Thanks, I like this option, too. And it is in our plans for next version(s).