WnSoft Forums

mp3 license ?

boxig

Hi Granot,

Just like there are video capture tools, there are audio capture tools which capture sound from the sound card (rather than record directly from speaker output). Here's one I use which works well and is inexpensive:

http://www.mp3-recorder.biz/

Best regards,

Lin

Brian

A question a bit out of the topic - is there any program which cn extract audio files from application (like PTE) or can save a sound played by pte or another application which includes sound ?

Thank you

Granot

Hello Granot

I don't know about Audacity, but with Audition you can set it to start recording and then start the PTE sequence or whatever and what you hear will be recorded. At the end you can edit out whatever you don't want. Hope that helps.

Ron [uK]

Lin,

Yes, I have that one but it records from the MIC.

How do I set it to record straight from the sound card ?

Ron,

Is "Audition" is a name of a program and does it record from the sound card ?

Thank you

Granot

Granot,

Audition is an Adobe product (it is quite expensive) and it can record sound from a variety of sources. If you bring up windows volume control and look under properties/recording you will see some options that enable you to set a recording source. I have recorded radio programs this way with no mic connected using Audition. This may work with your other recorder.

Peter

AUDIO RECORDER PRO

Granot, Peter, Lin and All,

I went through a lot of PC.Recorders over the years and the one I stuck with is Audio Recorder Pro.

Why? ~ Because of its flexibility, stability, and compatibility with Windows Player (thats saying something)

It does a good job~ and the Recording Meters are accurate and the (instantaneous) Mp3 Converter is really good. The ability to "pre-set" your Sound Card Mixer Levels to 'agree' with the Recorder Levels is a doddle

and the 'Sound Quality Management System' really does work properly, unlike others that are 'buggy' as hell.

Overall its a very well balanced Instrument and comes complete with the necessary Encoders (Codecs).

Granot, it also has an in-built Ogg Codec which I had forgotten about.

Most of all its been on the Market for years ~ one of those quite bundles of Software that few know about.

BEST of ALL ~ You can have a 30 day 'Free Trial' there are no restrictions and its $25 to Buy it.

Link:-http://www.ezaudiorecorder.com

Brian.Conflow.

Screenshot:-

post-1416-1177060893_thumb.jpg

Granot - you can set Audacity to record from the soundcard instead of the microphone. Use the drop-down menu at the top right corner and select "Wave Out Mix". You can then start up your audio file from any source, hit the 'record' icon in Audacity and it will record whatever the sound card is playing.

Ian

Hi Granot,

Click "Tools" then "Device" then . Uncheck the Microphone and check Wave/MP3. Also check whether Advanced properties are turned on by clicking on "Options". There you will also find another checklist.

It works very well from sound card capture. I don't think you need anything else.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

Yes, I have that one but it records from the MIC.

How do I set it to record straight from the sound card ?

Ron,

Is "Audition" is a name of a program and does it record from the sound card ?

Thank you

Granot

Granot - you can set Audacity to record from the soundcard instead of the microphone. Use the drop-down menu at the top right corner and select "Wave Out Mix". You can then start up your audio file from any source, hit the 'record' icon in Audacity and it will record whatever the sound card is playing.

Ian

Ian

I use Audacity (Version 1:2:6) but cannot see "Wave out mix". The list from my drop down menu (Top right centre) is: Microphone, Line in, CDplayer, Aux, Stereo mix, Mono mix. Where can I find "Wave out mix"?

Boogie

Hello everyone ... its been a long time since Ive posted here. I hope all are doing well. :lol:

Boxig.

Sorry guys and gals ... but I must tell this old secret. I believe you deserve to know how easy it is to extract your music out.

A little trick I happened upon a long time ago concerning music and pte. I accidentally renamed a pte file collection from .exe to mp3. The pte shows music played in Winamp to my surprise. To get just the music out ... I converted the (pte)mp3 file using dbPoweramp to another .mp3 file which strips out all the other unecessary data contained in the exe.

The conversion links all contained mp3s as 1 music file. To separate into individual files you will need anther tool to do that.

The above process is not always guaranteed, sometimes you may have to rename the file to .ogg and then convert ... etc

This works on Win98se and XP. The renamed pte show wont play in Windows Media Player untill you do the conversion.

As for Tools :

I cant remember an old dos/window commandline tool ... but it will extract music files. It is not a user friendly tool as it requires some knowledge of file header pattern sequences. All mp3s are encoded using various codecs and the process can become quite challenging. I will email you the details if I can find it.

Remember recently another posting/reply concerning dbPoweramp 10.1 :rolleyes:

STU

WELCOME BACK

hope you have kept up to what is happening and will be once more contributing to the forum.

I remember one of your last postings concering de complier's:)

Stu still has a show posted at the cottage

Presentation Name: ScreenPrintsSE- v2.0- Capture/Save PTE Show Images

Download Count: 2112

File Size: 1.58M

Contributor: Stu Rands

Contributor's Email: nobeefstu@starpower.net

Author's PTE Presentation Notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Presentation Name: AutoPlayer - Play/create chain-linked Shows

Download Count: 2347

File Size: 1.56M

are your details still valid Stu??

ken

Hi Stu,

Good to meet you again and I hope all well and fine with you.

Now that you said it, I think you solve a problem I had trying to extract music. It was a WAV converted to MP3 and than converted to OGG. I used a different program for each conversion.

By the way, it looks like the free "audacity" is doing all jobs very well.

Take care

Granot

STU

WELCOME BACK

hope you have kept up to what is happening and will be once more contributing to the forum.

I remember one of your last postings concering de complier's:)

Stu still has a show posted at the cottage

Presentation Name: ScreenPrintsSE- v2.0- Capture/Save PTE Show Images

Download Count: 2112

File Size: 1.58M

Author's PTE Presentation Notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Presentation Name: AutoPlayer - Play/create chain-linked Shows

Download Count: 2347

File Size: 1.56M

are your details still valid Stu??

ken

Ken,

Yes, I have touched base with the forum in a untimely manner ... not as often as I should. Igor (as always) continues to perform his magic on PTE to deliver a phenomenal quality slideshow package.

The forum here seems in quite capable hands to help all its new users ... but Ill try to pop in from time to time to offer any technical advise I can. :blink:

As for my valid details, thats an old useless email address. My general use mailbox is nobeefstu@netzero.net.

Again, Greetings to All !!!