WnSoft Forums

V.5 pardon my ignorance...

foto1

I am responding to various comments made by Lin and the original comment made by foto1 which started this topic.

Firstly I agree with foto1, that the facility in Version 4.48 to disable slide timings was very useful and I am not sure why this has been removed. Perhaps it is an inevitable result of the way Version 5 works with the objects and animation facility and thus could not be retained. Lin, your example of using buttons, incorporated the new zoom/pan features and thus, if you disabled the slide timing, this presumably would not have worked. I know that you have given various work-around solutions to this. But that is what they are, work-arounds. Also we can continue to use Version 4.48 for static slide shows. Whilst this is a possible solution it means keeping two version of the program on the go which is less than ideal.

I think that what foto1 was after was just a simple presentation of static slides (no zoom/pan etc) with the ability to keep a slide on the screen for as long as possible and then move on (or back). If Igor has removed the "Display each slide for" facility because it is not compatible with the way Version 5 works, then there is nothing more to be said. However it would be nice to have it retained.

Regarding the buttons and slide numbering, once you understand that the slide numbers start at zero, then all becomes clear and it is easy to implement. But surely this is a bug. That is not what happens in Version 4.48. Slide numbers start at 1 not zero.

Jeff

Jeff,

Firstly I agree with foto1, that the facility in Version 4.48 to disable slide timings was very useful and I am not sure why this has been removed.

It will possible in beta 10 or beta 11. Excuse us, that we missed this moment.

Lin,

We'll correct slide numeration from 1 for "Got to slide ..." function (instead of 0 in beta 10)

v5.00 is very complex product. I work every day with my large todo list and add/remove groups of ten of records: check up feature, fix bug, add new feature, write email, think how improve some feature, etc. Sometimes I can miss some moment, sorry.

Because of this I so appreciate help of members of this forum.

Jeff,

Lin,

We'll correct slide numeration from 1 for "Got to slide ..." function (instead of 0 in beta 10)

v5.00 is very complex product. I work every day with my large todo list and add/remove groups of ten of records: check up feature, fix bug, add new feature, write email, think how improve some feature, etc. Sometimes I can miss some moment, sorry.

Because of this I so appreciate help of members of this forum.

Igor... your persistance is remarkable. I read through most of the forum topics and try to follow along as situations arise and are dealt with by the forum community and by you at Wnsoft. It's really hard to not imply critical or petty tone to some of the comments and I'm always amazed at how civil the forum remains. I appreciate your steady progress toward a stable, functional program in light of the wide variety of comments and requests. Thanks for your continued support to the forum.

best wishes,

Bruce

Igor... your persistance is remarkable. I read through most of the forum topics and try to follow along as situations arise and are dealt with by the forum community and by you at Wnsoft. It's really hard to not imply critical or petty tone to some of the comments and I'm always amazed at how civil the forum remains. I appreciate your steady progress toward a stable, functional program in light of the wide variety of comments and requests. Thanks for your continued support to the forum.

best wishes,

Bruce

I would like to second this comment. PTE is a fantastic product and the purchase price is ridiculously low when compared to other software. The huge effort to cater for all the comments/suggestions and produce such a splendid result is truly amazing. The team deserve a gold star.

Jeff

What foto1 would like is to see is,

[ ] Display each slide for:

put in v5.

What everyone has come up with is a workaround. To keep it that way would make the program unusable for those who just could not explain it to a client and have it be acceptable. Which leaves us with 4.48 which needs the fonts updated and the resizing and effect elements etc. that it will not get.

Thank you to all who have been very Courteous re: my blunt approach to stating the problems I see.

Let's hope [ ] Display each slide for: can be returned. without to much trouble by the programer.

You are a great group of folks. The authors of the PTE are lucky to have such a GREAT family of users.

Thanks to all again,

foto1

When I direct PTE to jump ahead to slide 10, for example, from a button on slide 2, it still tries to start over.

And when I add an image, and direct it to go ahead by a certain number of slides, it "exits" instead, as that is the "command" I just gave to a second button on the screen.

I don't think these object functions have been implemented yet in PTE b-10.

I don't know why these functions didn't work for me before, but I went back and tried again and they now seem to be working. Must have tried the wrong versionn of PTE my mistake. Sorry if I led anyone astray on this.

Lin, I finally got a chance to download and try out your navigation button example, and it also works fine. Nice idea! :)

• 3 weeks later...
After reading this topic we can suggest two features which can be implemented in the nearest beta of v5.00

1) "Stop at the end of a slide" option in slide properties window.

In this case you can easily realize menu or waiting until user press Next slide key or button.

This option will work only when "Synchronize slides and music" option disabled.

Firstly I agree with foto1, that the facility in Version 4.48 to disable slide timings was very useful and I am not sure why this has been removed.

Jeff,

Thanks Dom for the link.

Reading answers, I guess this should be implemented soon in next PTE versions.

I can't find it in beta 13.

Regards

Alain

I can't find it either -

(Admin)After reading this topic we can suggest two features which can be

implemented in the nearest beta of v5.00

1) "Stop at the end of a slide" option in slide properties window.

In this case you can easily realize menu or waiting until user press Next slide

key or button.

This option will work only when "Synchronize slides and music" option disabled.

Do i miss understand is this still coming or am I doing it wrong again?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Personally speaking I would like to see that little check box back to remove any slide timings and so such 'work arounds' would not be necessary. 5000 seconds just isn't enough for me as sometimes I may leave half an hour between slides. It was one of the best features of v4.48 to give complete control. When I you load up 4.48 shows for amending it would avoid having the need to rebuild this aspect of the presentation and to go back to 4.48 means I miss out on the great new features. I must be honest I have had to go back to Powerpoint for these type of shows cos the new PTE just doesn't do manual control as elegantly. Sorry but in this case I feel it's a real backwards step.

P

5000 seconds just isn't enough for me as sometimes I may leave half an hour between slides.

Pete,

5000 seconds is 83 minutes - if you leave that long between slides, then you might find that your audience is either asleep, or has left the auditorium. ;)

But, if that is not long enough, you can put two slides of the same image back to back, and get yourself 10,000 seconds. :)

IMHO, the new beta 5 offers more manual control over shows, and more elegantly, than v.4. (e.g. pause feature, looping feature for menus, more button features, etc.).

Pete,

5000 seconds is 83 minutes - if you leave that long between slides, then you might find that your audience is either asleep, or has left the auditorium. ;)

But, if that is not long enough, you can put two slides of the same image back to back, and get yourself 10,000 seconds. :)

IMHO, the new beta 5 offers more manual control over shows, and more elegantly, than v.4. (e.g. pause feature, looping feature for menus, more button features, etc.).

Thanks for that Alan. backing two slides up together is a smart idea (and an obvious one I had missed) -

I often have to leave half and hour an hour or even longer as my lessons often move in other directions and there are intermittent activities, discussions, extended writing activities etc. Guess I can use the pause feature in the new version to sort out the really long breaks

Cheers for the prompt reply

P

[ ] Display each slide for

Am I following this right? Did Igor say we could expect this feature to be restored in beta 14?

We now have beta 17 as a release candidate and still I can see no checkbox to disable slide timings as in v.4.48. Is this likely to appear or are we resigned to using workarounds as discussed in this topic - seems a bit illogical !

Sorry to raise the point again, but it may just slip out of sight as we get closer to final release.

DEN (NE UK)

You can press Ctrl-A in Slide list to select all slides, then click "Customize slide" button and choose "Stop at the end of a slide". Click OK. And every slide will wait for key press to go to a next slide.

I could manage manual control of changing slides by setting slide duration to 0 and checking "Permit control of the show using keyboard"

Igor,

Thank you for explaining how "Stop at the end of this slide" can be used to manually control the presentation. This change can be done easily and quickly, but does not effect the customized timing for each slide.

Again and again I am amazed about the versatility of this program. Thank you and your team for all your effort. It is highly appreciated.

I could manage manual control of changing slides by setting slide duration to 0 and checking "Permit control of the show using keyboard"

Now instead zero time of a slide you should set "Stop at the end of this slide" option.

I'll correct code and old v4.48 projects with zero time of slides will be converted to use this option on such slides.

Now instead zero time of a slide you should set "Stop at the end of this slide" option.

I'll correct code and old v4.48 projects with zero time of slides will be converted to use this option on such slides.

Hi there

I'm new here, so maybe this reply will disappear in cyberspace.

The problem with the arrows control is, most wireless remote controls are dedicated to PowerPoint which uses PageDown and PageUp for advancing slides.

In Ver. 4.48 the PageDown and PageUp keys was implemented for manual control. I will miss that option.

Kind Regards

Peter, Denmark

Peter,

Done. Please download Beta 19.

Done. This is exciting. You can use animation and when you choose "Stop at the end of this slide" you can have full control either with the PageUp - and Down keys or a remote control. Marvellous!

Nothing in the world can beat this software. Period.

Peter, Denmark