WnSoft Forums

DVD repeats at the end of the slide show

Guest Dick Le Bleu

Guest Dick Le Bleu

Good day all!

Really enjoying the ease of creating slide shows on DVD. Beta Version 5.10 makes it so easy! Today I tried my first 16X9, and it looks superb! Goodbye vertical black bars!

But there is something I've noticed before when burning with video builder. All of my slideshows repeat for ever when they finish. I did notice a tick box to turn that on, but I have it unselected, and still my slideshows repeat at the end.

I thought it might be the DVD player, so I tried the slideshow on another player with the same result.

Is there a way to make the slide show end at the last slide?

Good day all!

Really enjoying the ease of creating slide shows on DVD. Beta Version 5.10 makes it so easy! Today I tried my first 16X9, and it looks superb! Goodbye vertical black bars!

But there is something I've noticed before when burning with video builder. All of my slideshows repeat for ever when they finish. I did notice a tick box to turn that on, but I have it unselected, and still my slideshows repeat at the end.

I thought it might be the DVD player, so I tried the slideshow on another player with the same result.

Is there a way to make the slide show end at the last slide?

Hi Dick,

I posted the same issue as a bug several days ago on this page:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....=6455&st=60 starting at post #66

I have burned DVDs from P2E AVI files out of version 4.48 using Roxio and the last slide does in fact remain on the screen until you return to the menu or eject the DVD, so I know that it is possible. I haven't tested in Beta 10 yet, but based on your post, I am assuming that the issue has not yet been addressed.

Guest Dick Le Bleu
Hi Dick,

I posted the same issue as a bug several days ago on this page:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....=6455&st=60 starting at post #66

I have burned DVDs from P2E AVI files out of version 4.48 using Roxio and the last slide does in fact remain on the screen until you return to the menu or eject the DVD, so I know that it is possible. I haven't tested in Beta 10 yet, but based on your post, I am assuming that the issue has not yet been addressed.

Hi Mary,

I checked your reference, and I agree that your assessment of the situation is correct... Not much support there.

I tried return to menu, even thought I unticked menu, and it did not make any difference. The DVD repeats over and over until I open the drive... I used to use DVDAuthorGui to author the DVD files from the mpg's, and imgtool to burn the DVD.

After your remarks, I decided to try burning the vob and ifo files generated by P2E b5.10 with imgtool to see if it was the authoring that did it or the burning of the DVD.

It is the authoring. There must be a command in the IFO's causing the repeat but I don't know how to read them...

Thanks for your comment...

Dick

Guest Dick Le Bleu
Is this issue only present when you have chosen more than ONE P2E slideshow in VideoBuilder? I've just done a single slideshow to DVD and it returns to the menu at the end of the show just fine.

Yes - only one slide show. A simple show really. I just wanted it to auto start with no menu, play the slide show, and quit. I believe I have all menu options deselected, but maybe I missed one. Right now it does auto start, plays the slideshow, and repeats - for ever...

Yes - only one slide show. A simple show really. I just wanted it to auto start with no menu, play the slide show, and quit. I believe I have all menu options deselected, but maybe I missed one. Right now it does auto start, plays the slideshow, and repeats - for ever...

Dick,

Under these conditions, my DVD's also repeat. I have to be "quick on the trigger" to avoid an immediate replay. :rolleyes:

David White (frets3)

Guest Dick Le Bleu
Stop playing DVD without menu feature has been realized already and will be available in upcoming Beta version.

Thanks very much Sergey!