WnSoft Forums

AVI output ignores screen size

potwnc

(Beta 14) I have a project with 800x600 slides (4:3) but I set the screen size to 720x405 (16:9). So I expect the screen size setting to clip the source images. It does this in preview mode and in the created .exe. But when I create a .AVI the clipping is gone - the full 800x600 pixels of the images appears. I would expect both to look the same?

If you want to create 16:9 video for DVD, please set 16:9 aspect ration in Screen tab of Project options.

And 853 x 480 (in AVI output window) for NTSC disc.

1024x576 for PAL disc.

But video convert which you will use should understand that this AVI file 16:9 and to correctly pack to to DVD picture 720x480 (NTSC) or 720x576 (PAL).

The more simple way use VideoBuilder which can create and burn 16:9 video.

Igor,

When I do this (Beta 15, PTE codec) as soon as I try to play the .AVI file or import it into Vegas, I get apr.exe errors:

The instruction at "0x00402dc5" referenced memory "0x0458c004". The memory could not be "written".

followed by

Exception EAccessViolation in module apr.exe at 00002DC5.

followed by

Exception EOSError in module apr.exe at 000160F6. System Error. Code: 5. Access is denied.

followed by

Unhandled Exception at "TFolderMonitor" Disposing (D:\D_Common\WinLib\Win3\wpTypes.pas, line 532)

Then I have to kill apr.exe from the Task Manager. I don't have a D: drive on my PC.

Any ideas?

Hello, please try this pre-beta 16:

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/apr-deluxe_28-05-2007.zip

Will it help to solve this problem?

I get the same errors with this pre-beta 16 also.

Hello, please try this pre-beta 16:

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/apr-deluxe_28-05-2007.zip

Will it help to solve this problem?

With this version I get:

The exception unknown software exception (0x00000000) occurred in the application at 0x00000000

then

Exception EAccessViolation in module apr.exe at 00002DC5.

Access violation at address 00402DC5 in module 'apr.exe'. Write of address 13E9C004.

then PTE exits.

Would you like me to email you the project files?

Please let me know:

1) Does this problem happen with all projects? If only with one particular project, please send me source files.

2) Does this problem happen only when you import AVI file to Sony Vegas or even when you try to play AVI file in media player?

3) What version of Sony Vegas you have installed?

4) When you discovered this problem (since particular beta version?)

5) Try temporarily disable option "Use hardware acceleration in Editor and Video"

(in Main menu -> View -> Advanced). And add AVI file to Sony Vegas again.

Thanks,

Igor,

Please check your email.

1) Does this problem happen with all projects? If only with one particular project, please send me source files.

I sent them. It only happens with my test project where I want to clip the 800x600 source images to 720x405 and only when I follow your instructions: "If you want to create 16:9 video for DVD, please set 16:9 aspect ration in Screen tab of Project options.

And 853 x 480 (in AVI output window) for NTSC disc"

2) Does this problem happen only when you import AVI file to Sony Vegas or even when you try to play AVI file in media player?

Both.

3) What version of Sony Vegas you have installed?

See my email.

4) When you discovered this problem (since particular beta version?)

Beta 15, but I didn't try it with earlier betas. I get similar problems with the latest beta 16 also.

5) Try temporarily disable option "Use hardware acceleration in Editor and Video"

(in Main menu -> View -> Advanced). And add AVI file to Sony Vegas again.

This made no difference

Ray,

I fixed this bug in the future beta 17. It happened because AVI should not has size uneven width or height. 853 incorrect value. 854 correct value. We modified code and automatically correct width/height if it necessary.

Beta 17 available.

Igor,

With beta 17 I no longer get the exception. But I still don't get the results I expect. How can I produce a .avi file that works like the preview in the test project - so that the aspect ratio is 16:9 and none of the green shows in the video?

Thanks