WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.0 Pre-Release

Igor

Hi,

Pre release 15 June.

Scale key point in objects problems.

Try this :

Create a new project : duration effect : 1000ms; Time interval 4sec.

Add 2 images in a project.

For first image, in O&A, add 4 keypoints at 1 sec interval. (5 keypoints in time line : 00:00; 00:01; 00:02; 00:03; 00:04)

Last key point (5th) is at the begining of second image effect.

Now, if you Customize slide duration and set it at 9 sec and select "scale keypoints in objects", all keypoints are separated from each others from 2 sec. (00:00; 00:02; 00:04; 00:06; 00:08)

So 5 keypoints are separated in the 10 sec time line. (9sec + 1 sec of third image effect)

Now, in second image, in O&A, customise slide and set duration slide at 2000ms.

Come back to fisrt image in O&A. Time line display 11 sec : 9 sec (first image) and 2 sec (for second image transition)

Now, if you want to have a key point each 2 sec, full time line should be egal at 10 sec. (8 + 2 sec) . (similar as first example 9 + 1 sec)

So, customize slide at 8 sec (scale keypoints in objects selected) and keypoints are not separated each other by 2 sec but something like 1.8 sec.

This means that now, time line was considered as 9 sec (8 + 1 sec)

2 problems at this example :

- Customise second slide time transition is not take account by previous image.

- new (true or false) keypoints are : 00:01:818; 00:03:636; 00:05:455; 00:07:273 and should be : 00:01:800; 00:03:360; 00:05:400; 00:07:200.

Alain

On second look I see what you mean. You want to set the original size for all the images, but if you do it via the Project Options then you would have to change it individually for each other slide not in the "video" sequence. On the other hand, that might be quicker than doing it for all the video sequence individually. No good solution.....

Lin,

The problem is that there is no global option for "original mode" in Project Options.

Jeff Evans and others have been pushing for one, and Igor has promised to add it in a future version of PTE.

However, I've discovered that it is possible to do a "search and replace" on the project file in a text editor as follows, and I am in the process of trying to add a button to do the same in my Adjustor model:

-- replace "FitMode=PlaceInto" with "FitMode=None".

In O&A, look at 2nd image, last key point 08:500 (opacity =0%) is located in 3rd image effect and have some (opacity) effect in 3 image transition. :blink:

Seems to be a bug.

Alain,

It's not a bug - this is the way v.5 is designed - to show objects remaining in one image during the transition to the next. If you don't want this, move the "opacity 0" keypoint back to the start of the transition.

Alain,

Thanks.

Concerning scaling of keypoints. You're right. It's more a logical problem than a bug. I knew about it. We wrote keypoints system 2 years ago in absolute time values and too late discovered that keypoints can't be in two variants - in percents and in absolute time. I wrote manual scaling for some cases, but it's not enough to care about all possible cases when correction necessary. To fix this problem it's necessary to vastly rewrite keypoints code and I hope we'll do it in version 5.1 Sometimes I regret about complexity of some features in PicturesToExe - too many professional options and it becomes difficult to manage all it.

p.s. I've replied you in another topic on your question with three slide's project.

Hi,

(pre release 15 June)

Path image problems.

following previous problems, I reloaded from web project I published. I unziped it and open pte file.

Images are found and there is no problem to display slideshow but here is in a screen copy path image loaded !

Alain

post-4940-1182108163_thumb.jpg

Hi,

(pre release 15 June)

Following others problems, I published a full project with images. Alrobin loaded and modified this project but I couldn't find anymore images. (alrobin modified and put images in H: letter disk.)

So, I change again path for each images, but size image is not refreshed in slide list image.

Here is some screen copy to illustrate.

Alain

post-4940-1182109298_thumb.jpg

post-4940-1182109310_thumb.jpg

Alain,

It's not a bug - this is the way v.5 is designed - to show objects remaining in one image during the transition to the next. If you don't want this, move the "opacity 0" keypoint back to the start of the transition.

Well, I'm not convicted about this and still think there is a trouble or problem here. (May be I do not understand at all how this effect works. )

Please load this project : http://kalain.pierre.free.fr/pte/Visual_ef...07_21-56-55.zip

There is still a fade in / fade out in third image. but third image has not effect or keypoints at all.

It seems that second image effect or keypoint has migrated to third image effect. :blink:

I have tried below to draw fade in/out transition effect between image 1 and image 2.

In black : Image 1

In red : Image 2

In grey : Image 1 behaviour without 00:04:509 keypoint.

In blue : visual result.

Alain

post-4940-1182110841_thumb.jpg

Hi Alain,

The third keypoint on your first slide goes beyond the 4.00 second end point, so the action or animation (opacity in this case) continues into the following start point in real time for the timeline on the second slide. The 1500 ms transition time to slide two begins at 4.00 seconds.

If you want to stop the appearance of slide one at the beginning of slide two as it is now programmed, then you can easily do that by setting an additional keypoint at about 4095 in slide one with the opacity set to zero.

Opacity changes are by default linear and continue in time from whatever level they begin at to 100% or to zero (depending on direction) unless there is an intervening keypoint set to either "hold" opacity at some desired level. So setting a keypoint with opacity zet to zero at a short distance after 4.00 will "stop" any intrusion into slide #2.

There will be some inconsistency as you have this sample set up because without choosing a transition effect (it's random as set) which one happens will be variable.

Earlier on in the development phase of PTE, there was only linear pan, zoom and rotate. To avoid an abrupt "jerk" at the end of a zoom or pan, users would pull the ending keypoint beyond the alotted time on the timeline and into the following slide. They would then pull the start keypoint for the next slide backward into the ending timeline of slide one and thus get a very nice, smooth overlap. This is still a desired effect in many cases. So having the ability to "cross-fade" via the keypoints has been a desirable feature of PTE.

Best regards,

Lin

Well, I'm not convicted about this and still think there is a trouble or problem here. (May be I do not understand at all how this effect works. )

Please load this project : http://kalain.pierre.free.fr/pte/Visual_ef...07_21-56-55.zip

There is still a fade in / fade out in third image. but third image has not effect or keypoints at all.

It seems that second image effect or keypoint has migrated to third image effect. :blink:

I have tried below to draw fade in/out transition effect between image 1 and image 2.

In black : Image 1

In red : Image 2

In grey : Image 1 behaviour without 00:04:509 keypoint.

In blue : visual result.

Alain

Alain,

Slide list is not height resizeable when it's displayed in list files. blink.gif

(slide list is height resizeable when it's displayed in thumbnail list.)

Limitation of this layout. But I can't quickly fix it, sorry.
Path image problems.

following previous problems, I reloaded from web project I published. I unziped it and open pte file. Images are found and there is no problem to display slideshow but here is in a screen copy path image loaded !

Strange. Unzip this project to some another folder, say C:\MyFolder

What path will be displayed in this case?

So, I change again path for each images, but size image is not refreshed in slide list image.
I'll try to fix it quickly.