WnSoft Forums

I found a fix

ddpitt

6 hours, 12 CD's and 15 power cycle reboots later, I have narrowed down the problem of this SS (locking up my computer and indefinatly motoring my CD burner) just by process of elimination. I don't understand this, but the problem seems to be directly related to the number of mp3 files in the SS. The SS has 349 images (between 90-110K) and 6 mp3 files synchronized. Replacing any or all mp3's had no effect on the problem. Only reducing the number of mp3's to 4 or less allowed the burn process to complete without locking up my computer and causing the CD burner to motor indefinitely.

Has anyone else been successful in building a SS similar to this one with more than 4 music files?

Is there a limit to the number of mp3's a SS can have? This one is really puzzling me.

This SS really needs 6 mp3's to run optimally.

Any ideas?

ddpitt,

Indeed you have a strange issue.

When you say youn can not burn a PTE show.exe using more MP3s than 4 total .... you also mention using the SYNC setting.

Have you tried burning the 6MP3 files and 349 Images ... not using SYNC setting ?. This of course ... may not be like how you want to really present your SHOW ... but as a curosity "TEST" to see if the SHOW burns using some other settings other than sync modes. This will at least provide info that PTE will accept 6MP3 files and burn to a CD completely. Of course if the burn is successful ... this doesnt necessarily mean your SHOW will play correctly from the CD.

I think you need to resolve the burn issue ... before getting into the play issues you may encounter.

I suggest test burning using CDRW Discs .... less waste at this point.

Indeed, this one seems strange. And nobeefstu is our resident expert on this niche (and many more.) I would just mention my suspicion that the problem may be with the burning software. I have recently had vaguely similar trouble that had absolutely nothing to do with PTE. I was able to solve by un-installing the burn software and re-installing.

Dennis,

Don't forget that audiacty from Audacity.com is free and is allyou will need for sound editing. I always make my sound track into one MP3 ans use it in the sync. to lay out the slides, then adjust the images as required. This means you can name the MP 3 "(show's title) soundtrack" making it easier to find when compiling all the files for the show,

Alan

:) I just finished a project for a church using over 100 slides and five separate mp3 songs and I used audacity to trim and fade for each sections of the production.

I normally would make one huge music file and then sync the pictures to each song.

I had no problem this time just using five individual mps's.

It would be nice that in the music tab you could go to the first song and take it out and replace it in the same position. Or just highlite the song and drag it to the end or the middle.

Harry