WnSoft Forums

Final release

fredor

I have been creating a small show using the various Beta versions of PTE and they have worked perfectly, today I installed the Final release and the same show when I hit Preview is jerking badly, I have saved the show in the new version and still no change, I realise I have one of the ( Problem ) cards Matrox G550 but this has come as a big dissapointment, any suggestions would be welcome

Fred

New versions of drivers for Matrox G550 don't support import kind of textures for slide show. So in earlier betas transition effects didn't work (worked as quick transition). Now we read capabilities of video card and if it doesn't support such textures, we sets second CPU based graphical engine.

In fact Matrox G550 doesn't correctly support DirectX and Direct 3D. We can't allow partial work of Matrox G550 in hardware accelerated mode when some things work and some don't work.

I'm sorry.

Hi Fred,

I think the "solution" for now would be for you to continue using the latest beta which worked with hardware acceleration with your card. Perhaps in the future you can upgrade the Matrox to another card, but this is one of those cases where a "proper" code which detects a card not able to comply with standards and disables the hardware acceleration and will work for the best in "most" cases, is detrimental to your individual situation. If you don't have the beta's still installed, let me know which worked correctly for you and I'll post a link. I have most of them and can save Igor the effort of going backward and reposting a link to one of the older versions.

Best regards,

Lin

I have been creating a small show using the various Beta versions of PTE and they have worked perfectly, today I installed the Final release and the same show when I hit Preview is jerking badly, I have saved the show in the new version and still no change, I realise I have one of the ( Problem ) cards Matrox G550 but this has come as a big dissapointment, any suggestions would be welcome

Fred

Fred,

If you want, I can give you URL on old Matrox drivers (issued in 2002 for Windows XP) for G550 where all worked fine. I don't know why after 2003 year they disabled some important features of Direct 3D. We have G550 card at our office and I only can wonder.

Matrox didn't reply on our request about this problem.

Thank you both to Igor and the ever faithful Lin

I have reinstalled the Beta version and everything working perfectly again, I can live with that, it is still an excellent piece of software

Fred

It may be of general interest if someone can please clarify when we should or should not use the hardware acceleration mode and is there a list of graphics cards that have known problems such as the Matrox referred to above?

Fred,

You don't see Fade effect when hardware acceleration enabled in beta 13. Because of this we disable hardware acceleration on G550 card with this version of drivers.

Keith,

Use "Hardware acceleration" option for all projects except of menu slide show to run other slide shows (as Lin Evans described in another topic).