WnSoft Forums

Screen Options Gone??

eightJs

Could someone please tell me where 'Show transition effect from desktop' and 'Show transition effect to desktop from the last slide' are in the new version? It used to be under 'Screen Options' but I can't find it. Also, is the '% of the screen to show slideshow' gone?? I have had PTE for a few years now and love it even though I don't use it that often. I am hoping someone can tell me where these few items are in the new version and assure me that they haven't been left out :( I appreciate your help.

Janet

Could someone please tell me where 'Show transition effect from desktop' and 'Show transition effect to desktop from the last slide' are in the new version?

Hi, Janet,

Welcome to the Forum!

Yes, unfortunately, the first two options proved too difficult to program into the new PTE, so Igor has left them out for now.

Re % of screen", it is also missing, but it is fairly easy to estimate where not to put text in case of cutoff in DVD creation. It's there in the DVD screen, for use in creating menus, but not in "Project Options".

Correction - it's found under "O&A / Tools".

This "% of the screen to show slideshow" option a little modified, but exists:

Sorry, Igor - I was thinking of the option to show the "safe" area viewable on TV.

I have to apologize again - I finally found the "safe TV zone" feature - it's still there, but under "O&A / Tools". Unfortunately, you have to apply it a slide at a time, but it is useful, particularly when placing text and other objects.

Igor, you have added so many new features, I can't keep track of them all! :rolleyes::)

LOL - Al, get some coffee!

Actually, you apply it once on the first slide and it functions for all slides.

Best regards,

Lin

I have to apologize again - I finally found the "safe TV zone" feature - it's still there, but under "O&A / Tools". Unfortunately, you have to apply it a slide at a time, but it is useful, particularly when placing text and other objects.

Igor, you have added so many new features, I can't keep track of them all! :rolleyes::)

Lin,

I give up!

You are right - I always consider it a bad day when I don't learn something new, and now you have made my day! I'll get that cup of coffee right now and maybe it will clear my head. :rolleyes::)

Thanks, Al and everyone else for your help. I am sorry to hear the 'desktop' features are gone...I really loved them. Now with the '%' of screen, I am afraid I am more confused. In older versions, if you reduced the '% of screen to show slide images' down from 100% it would reduce the size of the images in the slideshow so that they wouldn't take up the whole screen. In the newest version if I put a smaller number in the '% of the slide to show main images' I can't see any change that has taken place :( And now I am not really sure as to whether this has the same meaning as they aren't worded exactly the same! I want to be able to show the slideshow so that it is reduced in size and doesn't take up the whole computer screen. I have a way with confusing myself and others :) sorry! Thanks again for the information and help :)

Janet

And now I am not really sure as to whether this has the same meaning as they aren't worded exactly the same! I want to be able to show the slideshow so that it is reduced in size and doesn't take up the whole computer screen.

Janet,

You can select "Proj Ops / Screen" and choose a value in "Percent of the slide to show main images" at the bottom of the menu. Or, you can set each main slide to "original" mode in O&A, or you can choose "windowed mode" in "Proj Ops / Screen". Take your pick, and experiment a bit to select the method best suited to your application. :)