WnSoft Forums

v4.48 or v5 deluxe

jeronimo

sorry this is probably a very naive question, which just seems to be clear for everybody:

the latest version of P2E is v4.48, there is a new DeLuxe version v5.0 which costs 20 USD as an upgrade from the normal version:

will the normal version continue to be developed and be made available as free upgrade for registered users? I am not so interested

in the Deluxes video capabilities, but the other new features seem to be interesting!

thanks much !

jeronimo

Welcome to the Forum, I believe that Version v5.0 will be the development platform. I am not sure how it works but I think that the Deluxe option provides the additional function to burn DVDs. Not sure therefore if there is two versions of v5.0, the basic 5.0 and Deluxe?

Hi Jeronimo

If you purchased P2E v4.48 before version 5 was released to the best of my knowlege if you install 5 it will recognise your 4.48 registration and make you a registered user of V5. The deluxe part of V5 is for the video builder which needs an extra registration which costs 20 USD. I think some of the confusion is that people expect there to be two different applications to install, which is not the case. The single install of V5 puts the video builder on your computer at the same time as the main application but you will need to activate Video Builder with the 20 USD licence if you wish to use it. If you have no need of the video builder just download and install V5 and you will be able to use everything except Video builder.

Geoff

Actually,

The latest version is 5.0 which is a free upgrade from earlier versions. The Deluxe addition is Video Builder which adds internal DVD authoring capabilities.

If you own any version of PicturesToExe version 5.0 is a free upgrade as will all future versions of the standard PicturesToExe program. Only Video Builder is an optional upgrade and carries a two year free upgrade warranty.

Lin

sorry this is probably a very naive question, which just seems to be clear for everybody:

the latest version of P2E is v4.48, there is a new DeLuxe version v5.0 which costs 20 USD as an upgrade from the normal version:

will the normal version continue to be developed and be made available as free upgrade for registered users? I am not so interested

in the Deluxes video capabilities, but the other new features seem to be interesting!

thanks much !

I guess I have a question about this also. I've been using P2E for over 2 years. If I upgrade to Deluxe and then after the 2 years of free upgrades I decide not to upgrade the Deluxe portion, will I still have free upgrades for life for Basic?

Thanks,

Danny

I guess I have a question about this also. I've been using P2E for over 2 years. If I upgrade to Deluxe and then after the 2 years of free upgrades I decide not to upgrade the Deluxe portion, will I still have free upgrades for life for Basic?

Thanks,

Danny

See the PTE Help File- Frequently Asked Qustions - Question 17 or the PTE Site page Faqs - Question 17

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/faq.htm

Question:

I bought PicturesToExe vX.xx. Should I pay again for the next versions?

Answer:

No, you need not pay for PicturesToExe again and you can use all future versions of PicturesToExe for free. Your license for VideoBuilder in PicturesToExe Deluxe intended for two years and you can buy “Upgrade to Deluxe” again to continue use VideoBuilder and be able burn DVD-Video discs.

Guest Dick Le Bleu
See the PTE Help File- Frequently Asked Qustions - Question 17 or the PTE Site page Faqs - Question 17

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/faq.htm

Question:

I bought PicturesToExe vX.xx. Should I pay again for the next versions?

Answer:

No, you need not pay for PicturesToExe again and you can use all future versions of PicturesToExe for free. Your license for VideoBuilder in PicturesToExe Deluxe intended for two years and you can buy “Upgrade to Deluxe” again to continue use VideoBuilder and be able burn DVD-Video discs.

Now I am confused too.

The two year license for Videobuilder. Does it apply to possible Videobuilder upgrades for two years, or to the use of the current version? i.e. Will the current version of Videobuilder expire after two years, and re-registration be necessary to regain it's use?

ACTUALLY THE QUESTION SHOULD BE

will the deluxe VB run after 2 yrs??

for example, when i buy a piece of software it basically runs forever, but it will not update after a certain length of time, BUT it will still run

years ago i bought MusicMatch -- and they said that by purchasing it i would get updates forever -- guess what -- one day i went for an update and they came back and said i had to buy a new version

it still works and i use it as my main default mp3 player, but i will not buy their software again -- they spoke with forked tongue -- politicians are quite adept at this:)

i guess software companies have learned from our "elected leaders"

ken

ACTUALLY THE QUESTION SHOULD BE

will the deluxe VB run after 2 yrs??

for example, when i buy a piece of software it basically runs forever, but it will not update after a certain length of time, BUT it will still run

years ago i bought MusicMatch -- and they said that by purchasing it i would get updates forever -- guess what -- one day i went for an update and they came back and said i had to buy a new version

it still works and i use it as my main default mp3 player, but i will not buy their software again -- they spoke with forked tongue -- politicians are quite adept at this:)

i guess software companies have learned from our "elected leaders"

ken

Ken, I too had the same experience with MusicMatch. I purchased the deluxe upgrade and eventually went for my update

and I too was told I had to buy a new version. I really did like the program, but I don't like to be held hostage by software companys. Needless to say, I did not give in to the nagware, they installed on my computer, and uninstalled the program.

I just had to vent a little.

Regards, robertg (Gayland)