WnSoft Forums

Start-up Window (again)

davegee

Hi all,

I am aware that there was a discussion some time ago about the Start-up Window but can’t find out what the outcome was or if it was, indeed, the same problem as I am experiencing.

I will try to explain:

In a 1024x768 show made in V4.48 using a Start-up Window with a background image, the image and the Run Buttons “fit to screen” in the resulting EXE file. When the same show is edited in V5 and a new EXE file created the same Start-up Window image now seems to default to “actual pixels” and therefore the Run Buttons are off the bottom of the screen and cannot be used.

The workaround is to substitute a smaller background image for the original so that the new image and buttons fit within the 1024x768 window.

Can someone say if this was considered to be a glitch and/or if Igor was going to do something about it? I know that he intends to look at the Start-up Window in a future version but is there something that can be done now (other than the workaround)?

DaveG

Hi all,

I am aware that there was a discussion some time ago about the Start-up Window but can’t find out what the outcome was or if it was, indeed, the same problem as I am experiencing.

Dave,

I raised the orginal question with Igor, but it was never resolved.

I am in the process of converting several shows from 4.48 to 5.0 and have taken to removing the start-up screen. With the oversized startup screen I found pressing the spacebar started the show.

Regards,

Dave

Igor,

The startup screen is now resized but there are still two differences from v4.48:

• The resized screen is smaller than the desktop; my image is 1024 by 768, the same size as the screen. In 4.48 this used to fill the screen, now the desktop is still visible.
  • Once you press "run" it disappears, the desktop returns and then the slideshow starts. In 4.48 the screen went black and the show started from there.

Would it be possible for the startup screen to function in exactly the same way as it did in 4.48 please?

Many thanks,

Dave

Hi Igor,

The Start-up window is not working as I would like to see it work.

If anyone else is experiencing the same thing please feel free to join in?

In the V5.03 Start-up Window, when an image is added, the window fills about 90% or more of the screen and its aspect ratio is changed because the bar containing the RUN and HELP Buttons has been added to the bottom of the image. If the bar containing the RUN and HELP Buttons OVERLAYED the Start-up Window image then the original aspect ratio would be maintained and would allow for the Start-Up Window to be “FITTED TO SCREEN”.

The second problem is that when the RUN button is clicked the desktop is momentarily shown before the EXE file runs.

I tried making a MENU slide with black background and invisible button to try to overcome the problem and it works up to the point where I click on the RUN Button, but in this case the TASKBAR momentarily flashes before the EXE file runs.

Is there anything which can be done to solve this annoying little problem?

DaveG

Once you press "run" it disappears, the desktop returns and then the slideshow starts. In 4.48 the screen went black and the show started from there.

It refers us to a problem of mixing exclusive hardware accelerated fullscreen mode and usual windows. Under Windows Vista it will work terrible. Because of this we show a startup screen before a slideshow.

Dave,

Please send me source file of this project where I can see the the problem described above. (Leave only one slide in this project to reduce a size of the ZIP archive). And included screenshot will be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Igor,

In the attached .zip is

• PTE File containing just the startup screen and the first slide; I've also removed the music.
    A screenshot of the startup screen; both the image and the screen is 1024 by 768. In 4.48 this startup frame would fill the screen.
    An .exe of the project

Regards,

Dave

Igor,

In the attached .zip is

• PTE File containing just the startup screen and the first slide; I've also removed the music.
    A screenshot of the startup screen; both the image and the screen is 1024 by 768. In 4.48 this startup frame would fill the screen.
    An .exe of the project

Regards,

Dave

Forgot to attach the file!!!!

Dave

Sample.zip