WnSoft Forums

Home-made transition

LumenLux

This should be simple, but I can not do it ! (yet) Can someone please make and post a short .pte so I can see how to do this?

In Version 5, I want the following on a 1024x768 screen.

Image "Black" covers entire screen.

Image "A" is vertical 512x768 (so half of screen width).

Image "B" is 1024x768.

I want image "A" to enter from left and move across the screen and exit on the right.

I want image "B" to follow same path, as if it is "attached" to trailing edge of image "A"

When image "A" completes exit, image "B" remains such that it covers entire screen.

Like this?

http://www.lin-evans.net/pte/transition.zip

Lin

This should be simple, but I can not do it ! (yet) Can someone please make and post a short .pte so I can see how to do this?

In Version 5, I want the following on a 1024x768 screen.

Image "Black" covers entire screen.

Image "A" is vertical 512x768 (so half of screen width).

Image "B" is 1024x768.

I want image "A" to enter from left and move across the screen and exit on the right.

I want image "B" to follow same path, as if it is "attached" to trailing edge of image "A"

When image "A" completes exit, image "B" remains such that it covers entire screen.

Thank you Harvey and Lin. I sometimes think I have more success by accident with V5 than I do on purpose. :rolleyes: Your solutions are a help. When I substituted my own slides into your pte files, I found that Lin's method produced exactly what I had in mind. Harvey's produced a different result that might also be useful.

Is there any reason why you couldn't join them together in Photoshop as 1536x768px and pan it across the screen as a single image starting off screen, moving left>right, and stopping when the left hand side of the image is on screen?

Is there any reason why you couldn't join them together in Photoshop as 1536x768px and pan it across the screen as a single image starting off screen, moving left>right, and stopping when the left hand side of the image is on screen?

I think that would work fine in many situations.

I felt that using PTE to handle it would be more versatile. If for instance I wanted to use the movement as a recurring transition, I could simply swap the "carried" image for each new slide. Also, some of my possible uses are still rather vague. :)

Thank you for pointing out this method.