WnSoft Forums

DVD writing Problems

Barry Beckham

Can anyone give some ideas on the following query please. It has me beat

I am having a problem with pte 5 , when burning a

dvd disc , and when the program has finished it comes up with a tick that

says everything is ok , but when I try to play it on my DVD player it wont

recognise it. I tried to play the disc on both my main computer and my

laptop and it doesnt work so I bought new DVD discs ,tried them but still the same. I

tried another TV with a DVD player, still didnt work.

I have a copy of proshow gold so I used the same photos made up a trial show

and that worked fine on all the other players .

This is the first time i have made a dvd with pte.

After I tried all those things above I decided to uninstall PTE and then

reinstall it to see if that would sort the problem, but im afraid it didnt

could you please advise me.

Testing the disk on other players and the fact that the green tick appears, seems to show the process completed fine and it has me at a loss what to suggest next. The fact that PSG works OK indicates the equipment is working ok?

Barry,

Probably burning library in PicturesToExe 5 is not compatible with his particular DVD writter.

Unfortunately problems with burning exist in various programs and happen because of bad burning API. Similar problems also happen in competition product, as I read.

In this case we recommend to create ISO image file and then burn DVD disc in another special program. For example: www.imgburn.com

Unfortunately DVD burning is a thorn in the side of all of these programs. I've read the problems here, I've read about DVD burning problems with Proshow, MOTV, Movie Factory, Vegas, Premiere and many others. And most state the same thing....I can burn with this program so why cant I burn with this one. Go figure.

Auser

I am not sure I understand your point with your last post. Are you pointing the finger at software creators or just indicating that it must be nigh almost impossible to create software to work in every circumstance, on every PC in the world, with a myriad of configerations.

Its just one of those things I think and I am not sure there is an ultimate solution to it.

The good thing is how the software team here react to positively to their customers and users.

Its a rare thing..

BB

Auser

I am not sure I understand your point with your last post. Are you pointing the finger at software creators or just indicating that it must be nigh almost impossible to create software to work in every circumstance, on every PC in the world, with a myriad of configerations.

Its just one of those things I think and I am not sure there is an ultimate solution to it.

The good thing is how the software team here react to positively to their customers and users.

Its a rare thing..

BB

Exactly. Too many variables out there for a piece of software to work perfectly no matter how well coded it is.

Yes, I fully agree with you and have a great deal of sympathy for those who try.

I often think that Microsoft gets far more flack than is ever warranted. I only produce a few videos on disk, but I am amazed at the problems people have when in theory there should be none.

Still most of the time modern software is superb and I only get shirty when the software doesn't do what it says it will do even on a number of different PC's.

Thankfully PTE is not one of those, but I know another slide show software that is...................Its a dirty word on this forum though so I won't speak the name. :P

Yes, I agree that MS gets more flack than is warranted. I recently built a new computer and put Vista on it. I am as pleased with Vista as I have been with any version of Windows. I think some people bring the problems on themselves. Most software I use works including P2E.

I think I also know what other slideshow program your talking about. It starts with Pr*. I also use this package and I dont really have any issues with it. It depends on what I am trying to accomplish as to what program I use. While both are great programs, they both have features the other doesn't.

I hope you find a resolution to the problem your inquiring about.

Yes, I agree that MS gets more flack than is warranted. I recently built a new computer and put Vista on it. I am as pleased with Vista as I have been with any version of Windows. I think some people bring the problems on themselves. Most software I use works including P2E.

I think I also know what other slideshow program your talking about. It starts with Pr*. I also use this package and I dont really have any issues with it. It depends on what I am trying to accomplish as to what program I use. While both are great programs, they both have features the other doesn't.

I hope you find a resolution to the problem your inquiring about.

There is another problem with the other slide show software. It works on some PC's and not othersand there seems no reason for it. Even their tech guys have no solution. Only to say reduce image size....What from 1024*768, how small do we have to go... :lol:

There is another problem with the other slide show software. It works on some PC's and not othersand there seems no reason for it. Even their tech guys have no solution. Only to say reduce image size....What from 1024*768, how small do we have to go... :lol:

Yes, but thats true of any software including P2E. As far as the other slideshow software there are plenty of users using it with no problems including me. I'm glad I have both to use when needed.