WnSoft Forums

Resize for Email

leona

Hi again, Currently I resize one photo at a time in Image Expert, then open in my new PTE project to create a slideshow to Email to friends. Is there an easier way or mostly, a quicker way to accomplish this? After completion of show, I do zip prior to emailing. I really do love this forum, its been a saver for me! Thanks, again! Also, can you add music to show for email? (hope this isn't a silly question!)

Hi Leona,

You can use a batch resizing program such as available with Irfanview. Irfanview and the Irfanview plugins can be downloaded via:

http://www.irfanview.com (install both the Irfanview program and the Irfanview plugins).

You can always add music to a file, but depending on the size of the files you might end up making the show too large for emailing to most recipients. Check the size of the MP3 an add that to the size of the completed executable slide show without music and you will have some idea of how large the show might be.

If you intend to do this very frequently, it might be better to send your email recipient a link rather than the file itself. There are several free services which you can use to upload your files where a message can be sent and the email recipient can then download a full sized show.

Also, depending on how often you do this you may want to just get an inexpensive web host where you can post your slideshows in zipped format. The costs are as low as $3.00 per month and you can have gigabytes of storage space.

I use 1&1 which is quite reasonable.

Lin

Hi again, Currently I resize one photo at a time in Image Expert, then open in my new PTE project to create a slideshow to Email to friends. Is there an easier way or mostly, a quicker way to accomplish this? After completion of show, I do zip prior to emailing. I really do love this forum, its been a saver for me! Thanks, again! Also, can you add music to show for email? (hope this isn't a silly question!)

If you wish to post your AVs and email the link for your friends to download as Lin suggested, I recommend MediaFire. I have used it for sometime now with no problems. It allows up to 100MB files, as many as you wish for as long as you wish for no cost. See:

http://www.mediafire.com/

Leona,

Here below is a Shot and a 'Link' to a very nice Photo-Resizer called "PixResizer" from Blue-Five.Com.

It executes "Lossless JPeg Resizing" as well as the other popular Formats and has a PreView Window.

It handles single Files and Folders and Multiple-Folders. Its "Stand-Alone" and only 3mB in size.

Brian.Conflow.

Link:-

http://bluefive.pair.com

Once Site opens up, go to Downloads in left Column and select.

post-1416-1187567420_thumb.jpg

JudyKay & Readers,

Microsoft Power Toys "Pic Resizer" is designed for XP where as "Blue 5 Pix-Resizer" will run on

ALL Operating Systems (Vista version coming) also 'MS Pic-Resizer' does not have an adequate

Uninstaller even using Control Panel Uninstall.

Although 'MS Pic-Resizer' is a very nice convenient Program it does not offer all the selectable options

right down to Icon Sized Images which 'Blue 5 Pix-Resizer ' does, and more.

I thought it fair to bring these differences to the attention of those who might inadvertently download the

MS Program unto a '95 or '98 or ME or 2000 PC or Pocket Portable and then wonder what went wrong !!!

Brian.Conflow.