WnSoft Forums

color profile?

fuzzy

Guest Techman1

Fuzzy,

It does it in preview and in the executable! There is a thread where you can send in information to ATI to complain about it, but I haven't heard back from them (and at this point, they probably will not fix it). I've sent them information about two of my ATI boards with respect to this problem.

As long as your clients don't have ATI video cards, running Windows XP and have them calibrated, it shouldn't be a problem and they won't even see it.

Regards,

Fred

p.s. - Do you have any lectures coming up?

Fuzzy,

It does it in preview and in the executable! There is a thread where you can send in information to ATI to complain about it, but I haven't heard back from them (and at this point, they probably will not fix it). I've sent them information about two of my ATI boards with respect to this problem.

As long as your clients don't have ATI video cards, running Windows XP and have them calibrated, it shouldn't be a problem and they won't even see it.

Regards,

Fred

p.s. - Do you have any lectures coming up?

OK thanks. We'll be in California next week.

Good luck! I hope you make it back to Texas again sometime. I met you at the TPPA (I believe) a couple of years ago. Enjoyed your presentation.

Take care,

Fred

We probably won't teach in Texas for a long time. We don't like to do the same school more than twice, and we already did that.

Anyway, I tried doing a non-full screen 1024x768 size for the P2E show without a border, and that will work since it will be projected with a 1024x768 projector.

I wish P2E also could be preset to make all new slides that are added to "Stop at the end of this slide". Previous versions would automatically do that. Now I have to remember to customize every single new slide I add. Big PITA and I don't always remember. Some slides are set to start an exe movie, and others have a certain time I need them on for, so I can't do a blanket time for all existing slides.

AARRGGHH!

P2E used to be so easy!

It was my mistake - removing of this global option from v5.0 and I recently added it again to future version 5.1. There will be global option - "Wait for a key press to show next slide" and you can override this behaviour in properties of particular slide(s). The best from both worlds. Any combinations.

Guest Techman1

Igor - I too will be glad to see this added back in Version 5.1. Thanks to you and the WnSoft Team.

Fuzzy - Good luck, I hope everything runs well for you!

-Fred

It was my mistake - removing of this global option from v5.0 and I recently added it again to future version 5.1. There will be global option - "Wait for a key press to show next slide" and you can override this behaviour in properties of particular slide(s).
Good news Igor. We all make mistakes, none of us are perfect, best we can do is fix them when we find them as you have done, thanks, much appreciated. :)

Not sure if this I understand. You can do this now... select all slides and customize them all at one time to "Stop after this slide".

What I meant was that any NEW added slides default to that. It used to in older versions. Now the default is "No actions after this slide". I just want to change the default for new slides.

Just so I understand, the Wait for a key press WILL be the default if we choose it?

otherwise I'd like to simply be able to choose "Stop after this slide" as the default.

• 2 weeks later...
When in P2E, and I click the preview icon to start a show, my laptop screen changes color (more blue).

Why does it do that?

My laptop screen is calibrated, and I use that default profile.

Is P2E shifting out of the calibrated profile?

I have this same problem on my desktop computer (ATI display card).

My monitors are profiled using Spyder 2 profiling software and when I run a slide show produced in PTE 5.0, or do a preview in version 5.0, the profile is immediately disabled.

Interestingly this does NOT happen when using PTE 4.48 or playing slide shows produced in this version of the program.

I would add here that PTE 5.0 is not the only program to cause this problem. I even had to turn off my screensaver for the same reason.

Better to send more letters to ATI and ask when they going to fix this annoying bug...

I've since found out that if you uncheck Hardware Acceleration in the Screen tab of Project Options this problem goes away, but of course this also causes problems with smooth movements in animations and negates any reason to upgrade to version 5.0 in the first place.

For users of ATI display cards it looks like a compromise between smooth animations or correctly displayed screen colours!

photog1,

For users of ATI display cards it looks like a compromise between smooth animations or correctly displayed screen colours!

I dont have a ATI card or use color profiles ... but there might be a work-around you can test to confirm the results.

Since the ATI-Color issue is suppose to be relevant in FULL SCREEN modes ... build your PTE show in a WINDOW mode setting using 3D acceleration.

-Size the WINDOW mode setting to match your pc monitor. Make sure to enable the Without Border checkbox.

Advantages :

You get your color profiles using 3D acceleration in what appears to be Full Screen on your size monitor.

Disadvantages :

Slide show is only sized to your screen dimentions and wont appear Full Screen on different sized screens ... this is pretty much how PTE v4 produced a show.

Since the ATI-Color issue is suppose to be relevant in FULL SCREEN modes ... build your PTE show in a WINDOW mode setting using 3D acceleration.

-Size the WINDOW mode setting to match your pc monitor. Make sure to enable the Without Border checkbox.

I have an ATI card and this does seem to be a good workaround. You might have to get the slides properly resized for your particular screen resolution initially to fill the screen, but using window mode seems to eliminate the annoying switch to an all black screen initially then (in my case, at least) much darker slides for the show than I see in photoshop or otherwise, and then an annoying switch to an all black screen when the show quits or is cancelled.

Most of the shows I am doing are being burnt to DVD, though, and this ATI problem doesn't seem to affect the Video Builder.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I have an ATI card and this does seem to be a good workaround. You might have to get the slides properly resized for your particular screen resolution initially to fill the screen, but using window mode seems to eliminate the annoying switch to an all black screen initially then (in my case, at least) much darker slides for the show than I see in photoshop or otherwise, and then an annoying switch to an all black screen when the show quits or is cancelled.

Most of the shows I am doing are being burnt to DVD, though, and this ATI problem doesn't seem to affect the Video Builder.

Thanks for the suggestion!

nobeefstu/Mary,

I tried that and it works perfectly - you wouldn't even know you were in window mode.

My monitor is 1280x1024 which is 5:4 format. If I need to show it on a normal 4:3 screen all I need to do is change the window size and create a separate .exe file - not too high a price to pay for the workaround.

Thanks

Stan