WnSoft Forums

SlideShow

cagney123

Another show created from old snapshots...at Beechbrook. These were 3x5 inch shots from a photo album.

It was a two week vacation...the first with Karen and our dog Buck, and the second with our parents joining us.

My wife nearly shot me when she found out I had sent out invitations to the parents. Her's are very liberal politically,

and mine are {were} very conservative. She thought it would be a nightmare.

Her parents flew into Albuquerque and my parents picked them up and came up to Moab, Utah. They stayed in a

local motel while Karen, Buck, and I stayed camping out of town.

It turned out to be the only time we all went on a holiday together...and it turned out to be one of the great times

in our lives. These pictures only hint of the fun, but boy did we have it.

The slow pace is deliberate as the music works well with this pace...and the somber last part with the music just

flowing to the less than happy ending is approppriate, as we all are heading to an ending of sorts.

Hope you like it...I put it together last year and my copy of PTE at that time didn't let me put in pause functions. I knew how

to do it, but it didn't work. All works from now on will have this function enabled.

Until that time...Jeff

Another show created from old snapshots...at Beechbrook. These were 3x5 inch shots from a photo album.

It was a two week vacation...the first with Karen and our dog Buck, and the second with our parents joining us.

My wife nearly shot me when she found out I had sent out invitations to the parents. Her's are very liberal politically,

Her parents flew into Albuquerque and my parents picked them up and came up to Moab, Utah. They stayed in a

It turned out to be the only time we all went on a holiday together...and it turned out to be one of the great times

The slow pace is deliberate as the music works well with this pace...and the somber last part with the music just

flowing to the less than happy ending is approppriate, as we all are heading to an ending of sorts.

Hope you like it...I put it together last year and my copy of PTE at that time didn't let me put in pause functions. I knew how

to do it, but it didn't work. All works from now on will have this function enabled.

Until that time...Jeff

Hello Jeff,

How I envy you with that record of your wife's and your parents. I would never have thought of doing anything like that, too busy with kids of our own, I guess. We have a few snapshots of my wife's and my parents, but nothing I could make a

show from.

Although you all are total strangers to me, I have to confess to moist eyes at the end, such is the emotional content of the show. Congratulations!

Just one tiny, picky point: the music is a little overmodulated in the first half or so, my speakers were showing a rattly distortion. But great music, as usual with your shows.

Kind regards,

Colin

Thanks for the comments Colin.

As for the ratty sound...It is one of those things...if you can't hear it, it is hard to fix. I use pretty good speakers...and even headphones to check the sound...but

sometimes is just doesn't translate. There are a lot of variables out there. I do use four different computers with different sound systems

installed, and none of them displayed the problem. Oh well.

Glad you enjoyed the show otherwise...and really happy you got emotional. That is the ultimate compliment.

Best Regards,

Jeff

Jeff - I enjoyed your presentation. Perhaps that is the most important comment.

Your excellent photography shines through even from the days when you were concentrating on video (If I recall correctly.)

I like your slow pace presentation in this instance. Though we all know, the music can so powerfully influence what we extract from good photos.

When I watch your presentations, I often have an extra enjoyment that most viewers don't have. In a tour such as this presentation, there are some photos that I recognize to the exact spot. There are also many more that I can't help wondering where they are. Most of the photos "remind" me of similar views that may or may not be even close. Finally there are those totally unfamiliar vista's that remind me how vast and wonderful this western land is. I don't know if people who have not experienced this type of landscape and terrain can even understand what I am saying. But it is my firm conviction that some of the places you walk, as with places I walk, are being touched for the first time by man, even though millions of people have visited the famous national parks or "attractions" nearby. It is a great life and your presented reminder is well taken.

Hey Lumenlux...you are so right. I know when I first came to the southwest from Detroit I knew right away that I had reached home. I have always wanted

to live in the west...even as a very little kid. I would watch Roy Rogers movies just to see the scenery. I just love it. The day after I graduated I moved here.

I know the spots you are talking about as I have seen some of them in your fine shows.

People who drive the highways and only stop at the famous spots are missing a lot. I think it takes living in the area to really get a feel for it.

You have a good memory. It was during this period where I was still into video more than still images. I am thankful for both as I captured

several of my favorite scenes with my father. We weren't too close, just friends, but he had a great sense of humor...and kind of wacky at times.

While having a picnic at Fisher Towers he walked off to look around...while standing on the ledge he broke in the Nelson Eddy, Jeannette MacDonld song...Indian Love Call.

Funny thing...we couldn't see others were just out of view and one of them called back to him...."I am calling You ooooetc. We all broke up.

Another day on the same trip he suddenly began doing the old Walter Huston dance from The Treasure of Sierra Madre. He was 78 at the time. He could do a

good Michael Jackson dance too.

Another day we decided to have an evening drink at our camp before heading into Moab for dinner. Our camp was on a ledge about 2 miles back on

a four wheel drive road. Our parents parked and we drove them in on our rig. When we got there the old folks got playful after a drink or two. My mother

was having nerve problems with her leg, so she was seated. My father in law was on his knees in front of her and kinding about the fun they had in the

hot tub the night before. I was walking around them capturing the scenery and the conversation. My father in law said to my mother, "when is the last time you

had a man on his knees for you?'..and before she replied my father said.."last time I was drunk". Big laughs all around. That is the one thing stills don't get, but

they sure get the images right. My father in law is also a big video nut, and between the two of us, we have a pretty good record of that unforgettable year.

Thanks for posting, as always. I enjoy your remarks.

Jeff

Jeff,

As with all your slideshows that I have seen,very enjoyable.most of the images are better quality than I get from shots that I took yesterday! You make it all look so simple and the small slow use of the zoom is perfect.

It was indeed very emotionaly moving with great music.

Thanks very much for sharing.

Neil

Until that time...Jeff

Hi Jeff

What fantastic images and if I understand correctly they have been taken from prints. The show was long but didn’t notice that as it held my attention all the way through. It did seem like an alien landscape but beautiful and a place I would love to visit. The music was very suitable for the subject. Also, the images with people in the foreground did help to give scale to the vastness of the landscape. I did like the end image of the people’s shadows. Thanks for the show.

Regards Paul

WOW!

I have been following your work on the many trips you have made over sometime now and I must say this is the one I have enjoyed the most. These images being scanned from old 3x5s makes it even more amazing. This show is a wonderful example of how the right music intelligently used with the images can have a large impact and of cause your "message" is so well conveyed with the finale. Many of us who have lost those close to us that we have travelled with, as I have, will be/are moved by this show.

There is much more I would like to say but I must go as I want to watch your show again, thanks very much Jeff for sharing.

Thanks Neil. Years ago when I was scanning old family photos from long ago I noticed how much more

I enjoyed them when I could really see them on the computer screen and zoom in and examine backgrounds etc.

Most of the old family photos were from prints the size of the negatives. Unfortunately my Dad threw all

the negatives away as he thought it was a waste of space to keep them since we had prints. Oh well.

Thanks for taking the time to watch the show and comment.

Jeff

Hi Paul. Thanks for the kind remarks. I too noticed the show was a little long and hence moved quite slowly, but I just couldn't get

myself to cut the music down any further...it fit so well that I decided to let the images almost float from scene to scene. I

thought I might get a lot of negative comments, but it seems most people went with the flow and didn't let it bother them too much.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Hi Jeff

What fantastic images and if I understand correctly they have been taken from prints. The show was long but didn’t notice that as it held my attention all the way through. It did seem like an alien landscape but beautiful and a place I would love to visit. The music was very suitable for the subject. Also, the images with people in the foreground did help to give scale to the vastness of the landscape. I did like the end image of the people’s shadows. Thanks for the show.

Regards Paul

Hello John. How are things in your part of the world?

I almost didn't post this show as I thought I might be the only one that got into it. So glad you

enjoyed it.

I took the liberty of looking at your profile and noticed we are nearly the same age...hence the similar experiences

with friends and family who have come and gone. Just yesterday my doctor died. He was just about our age.

He was a great guy and I enjoyed visits with him. He had been talking about retirement. Strange thing was he

was the most fit man I ever saw. I had to drive by the office just to see if the information was true. A note

on the door said "Doctor Schneider passed away October 3rd". That was it. I am waiting for the obituary to come

out so I can rest my mind as to what happened.

Live every minute...and thanks for taking the time to post a note. Thanks John.

Jeff

WOW!

I have been following your work on the many trips you have made over sometime now and I must say this is the one I have enjoyed the most. These images being scanned from old 3x5s makes it even more amazing. This show is a wonderful example of how the right music intelligently used with the images can have a large impact and of cause your "message" is so well conveyed with the finale. Many of us who have lost those close to us that we have travelled with, as I have, will be/are moved by this show.

There is much more I would like to say but I must go as I want to watch your show again, thanks very much Jeff for sharing.