WnSoft Forums

Black Country and Jigsaw

Michel

These shows are very nice: I think that Jigsaw is a little slow for the puzzle, but interesting.

Black Country is marvellous: it's the Great Photography as Cartier Bresson or Doisneau if you know...

The music and the sound are perfect.

Very good work for PTE !

(Cottage downloading)

• 3 weeks later...

I liked many of the visual effects in this sequence. But was it a deliberate mistake to include the plastic bin liner on the galvanized dustbin outside the old fashioned shop near the end of the sequence!

If I have a criticism, it is that the sequence is a bit slow. But then most of the recent ones I have downloaded from either site are on the slow side. Just as important is that there is no change of pace. With my non-digital slide presentations, I have always used fades of differing times. Sometimes the slides cross fade slowly and at other times the slides are changed almost as fast as the projectors can cope. Naturally the music is chosen to suit the slower or faster pace. I just don't see this in PtoE applications. Perhaps we need some means of setting a default fade rate for pictures A to B (corresponding to the time of the music clip) then a new rate for B to C (again corresponding to the second music clip) and so on.

• 2 weeks later...

Iceberg

Are you going to post some AV's to show us what you mean with regard to fast and slow dissolves?

If the music demands it, then I think that is a fair comment, but if it doesn't a fast fade just looks odd in my view, especially to generally slow music like Dvorak.

Check my balloons AV, I think that is more like what you mean.

www.bbdigital.co.uk

Perhaps I will in due course upload a sample. However at the moment I cannot even get to Beechbrook (see my other contribution). The URL is not recognized by my broadband ISP who says he is looking into the matter.

At the moment I am only just looking into digital and am waiting for the price of projectors to drop even further, so my experience is based on slides projected optically with two projectors and a dissolve unit which is what I would wish to emulate most of the time with digital.

By way of explanation, suppose a presentation includes several mini-sequences: there is a one on wild flowers, naturally the music is slow but not too slow and gentle so the slides change relatively slowly. Next a sequence of insects - these move quickly so the music is more up-tempo and the slides change more quickly. Finally a sequence of autumn colours - this time slow moody music and a very slow change of slides. The fade rate is thus related to the slide on-time but within each mini-sequence a sudden slower or faster fade helps to keep the viewer awake!

Iceberg

I can recall sitting in our lounge with 2 Kodak Caroursel projectors and a Kodak Dissolve unit and a hand control slider putting together sequences, been there done that, but make a mistake and it was back to the start, so PTE has the the lead there by a mile.

It would be really good if we could perhaps right click a transition point on the time line in pte and just have one value box come up to adjust the transition time.

Look forward to seeing your AV's.................

Back in the DDBD (dark days before digital) there was some real god awful slide shows doing the rounds, poor photography, poor technique, I can even recall seeing one where mould was growing inside the glass slide mounts.

No chance of that with PTE either

bbdigital