WnSoft Forums

Program start

xahu34

Hello,

when opening a .pte-file (double-click, call it A.pte) with version 5.04, I observe the following behavior: PTE starts with a previously opened project (say B.pte). I have to open A.pte via the file menu. I use WinXP SP2 on a new machine. PTE was installed using an administrator account. It is used with an account with restricted rights. On my older computer, the behavior is different (as I would expect it to be). Are there similar experiences?

Another Question: Is it possible to start PTE from the program menu without opening the last project?

Kind regards,

xahu34

Munich

see

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=46861

Release-Candidate (December 5, 2007)

* Fixed bug of previous versions when "Load last used project" option in fact always was enabled.

ken

Thank you for sending me the link. I am not sure if it really hits my point!? In my case PTE 5.04 really respects the "Load last used project" option. But it refuses to open a particular .pte-file (double-click). It either starts with the last project or with an empty one, depending on the said option. I installed the software on 3 computers (home, office, notebook) but only one of them shows this effect.

Kind regards,

xahu34

Munich

PicturesToExe associates .pte project files for current user account only.

You can manually set association. Click right mouse button on some project file and choose "Open As" (or "Open with Help") and choose PicturesToExe from a list and set checkbox to always use this program for all .pte project files in future.

Release-Candidate (December 5, 2007)

* Fixed bug of previous versions when "Load last used project" option in fact always was enabled.

It fixes another issue, not related with this problem.

Hello admin1,

I am sorry, but my last post was not as clear as it should have been. The association is ok; by the way, I already did what you recommended. So, pte-files show the PTE icon, and PTE really starts when double-clicking pte-files. BUT: PTE starts with the wrong project (the previous one or an empty one, depending on the "Load last used project" option); it does not start with the clicked one. As I said: The effect occurs only on one of my 3 PCs!

Kind regards

xahu23

Munich