WnSoft Forums

PTE 5 vs PTE 4: Lack of sharpness

DimmY

It happens because by default old version 4.xx displayed images pixel to pixel without resizing.

New version 5.x fits images to entire screen by default.

If you prefer exact pixel in pixel rendering in v5.x, please set checked "Disable scaling of main images" option in Screen tab of Project options.

If you prefer exact pixel in pixel rendering in v5.x, please set checked "Disable scaling of main images" option in Screen tab of Project options.

Èãîðü, ÿ ýòó îïöèþ, ðàçóìååòñÿ, âêëþ÷àë (åñëè ÿ ïðàâèëüíî ïîìíþ, ýòà òà îïöèÿ, êîòîðóþ ðåêîìåíäóåòñÿ íå âêëþ÷àòü?). Íå ïîìîãàåò. Âå÷åðîì ïðîâåðþ åù¸ ðàç.

I turned this option on, but it didn't help.

Dmitry,

Please don't forget to press "Apply to all slides" button below this checkbox.

I just checked up - all works fine.

Igor, it doesn't help at all! You can note sharpness decrease even without compiling presentation.

Add some small picture (with size less than preview area to avoid zooming out) to a project. Look at the picture in preview pane, then click on it and look at the picture in fullscreen. Compare! On fullscreen the picture becomes less sharpen than in preview pane.

Hi Dmitry,

Could you by any chance have clicked "blur" in the Objects and Animations window Properties Tab? I'm not seeing what you are - mine are identical. Otherwise there must be some explanation which involves some differences in your hardware because no one else is seeing this that I'm aware of.

Best regards,

Lin

Igor, it doesn't help at all! You can note sharpness decrease even without compiling presentation.

Add some small picture (with size less than preview area to avoid zooming out) to a project. Look at the picture in preview pane, then click on it and look at the picture in fullscreen. Compare! On fullscreen the picture becomes less sharpen than in preview pane.

Could you by any chance have clicked "blur" in the Objects and Animations window Properties Tab?

Hi Lin,

No, I didn't change anything in "Objects and Animations". But... you DID help me to resolve this problem! :)

The reason of sharpness decrease is... the "Low quality of resizing" option. When it is off (and it is off by default) the sharpness decreases, but if I turn it on, the problem goes out. Really funny incident. :)

I think it's not a normal behaviour, because this option shouldn't affect on picture at all if scaling of images is disabled.

You could take a look at sharpness decrease on this combined screenshot I made (see attached PNG file).

post-87-1197593418_thumb.png

Dimmy,

It may appear sharper with "Low quality of resizing" selected, but the shimmer increases dramatically in my tests. Personally, I find the very small decrease in sharpness while actually panning (or zooming) - and I'm not sure it really is less sharp in my example - is much preferable to the shimmer