WnSoft Forums

DVD Video shimmer with 4.48 will 5.10 with DVD Builder help?

backpack45scb

I normally use PTE for slide presentations and am happy with 4.48. The images in the exe file are resized for PTE to 1024 x 768. I recently made a copy of a show as an exc file, and gave it to some friends. They couldn't play it, as they had a Mac.

So I created an avi file with PTE, and burned a DVD using Roxio MyDVDPlus, which came with my Dell. It made a viewable DVD, but the image quality was vastly inferior to the PTE exe show, due to the fact that the DVD had a shimmer (both on the tv and the computer when played back), which seemed to me to be in sync with the sound track. I tried it interlaced and not interlaced, no change.

Is this something that the V5 DVD builder might do better, or would I have to do something drastic like blurring all the images? Any suggestions appreciated.

The secret in a nature of AVI video file.

DVD-Video disc or AVI file can contain 30 frames per second or 60 virtual frames mixed in 30 frames. For maximal smooth playback of transition effects we have to use 60 FPS (interlaced mode).

Because of this PictruresToExe renders 60 FPS interlaced video in AVI file.

The problem that AVI file and authoring software don't do difference between 30 FPS video and 60 FPS interlaced video. And interlaced video may be processed incorrectly.

Only Ulead products and TMpegEnc correctly processed interlaced AVI video files. In other product you should specify that you add interlaced or progressive AVI video file. Some authoring program doesn't allow set this parameter.

It's not bug of PicturesToExe, but limitation of AVI video file.

For this reason we created VideoBuilder to simplify creating of DVD-Video.

I upgraded to 5.1, purchased the dvd writer, and created a dvd of the problem show. Shimmer was much better, though still some. I play it back on my win xp computer. Sound quality was bad. the pte exe quality is excellent, both images and sound. The sound file is a WMA lossless format. On the slide show, I use a 500ms fade transition.

If I create an avi file instead of dvd, the preview sounds and looks fine - much better than dvd.

Any tricks to getting a good sound and improving image quality on dvds?

Thanks

I upgraded to 5.1, purchased the dvd writer, and created a dvd of the problem show. Shimmer was much better, though still some. I play it back on my win xp computer. Sound quality was bad. the pte exe quality is excellent, both images and sound. The sound file is a WMA lossless format. On the slide show, I use a 500ms fade transition.

If I create an avi file instead of dvd, the preview sounds and looks fine - much better than dvd.

Any tricks to getting a good sound and improving image quality on dvds?

Thanks

Please provide us with more details about your problem.

Please provide us with more details about your problem.

(Inserted this after writing below: I think problem solved in process of giving you more info)

Not sure what info is useful, so let me know if I miss something.

My hardware Dell E510 pentium D 930 dual core (3 Ghz) Win XP media center

Video card 256mb PCI Express x16 DVI/VGA/TV-out ATI Radeon X600

My show is 98 images all sized to 1024 x 768 for pte. The music is a 6min 51 sec track and the the Main option says sync music with slides. The music is a wma file recorded at 874kbps (wma lossless). There is a 500ms fade in fade out transition between slides.

When I play the show as an exe the pictures are sharp and the sound sounds like the original cd.

Then I burn the DVD. I'm in pte 5.1 deluxe and click Video and then Burn-DVD. Then i get an untitled video builder window with three things in it - the yellow block with the directory up arrow, a grey block that says Resave Project in PTE V5.00+ and another block that has the first frame of my slide show.

I drag the image of my slide show down to the bottom output window, and I click on project options. They are set to NTSC, 4:3, Auto, 7000, Auto. Antiflicker is checked. Audio format is MPEG Audio 384. Don't know if I can use LPCM for DVD. Remaining boxes are unchecked.

Then I click Next, the Title page shows up. I add a title, hit Next and get the page with several check boxes, create mpeg2 files, etc. The only one I check is burn dvd, then I hit start and the display shows 362mb/6:51min

I get:

Converting to mpeg2

file multiplexing

converting menu to mpeg2

vob files multiplexing

dvd disc checking

dvd disc burning

setting of burning speed

burning start

deleting temp files

finished

and the dvd ejects.

I close, don't save the project, push the dvd back in to play it

The title page that comes up has a window that previews the show. The window borders have a severe flicker. I click the start arrow. The resulting show images have an almost undetectible flicker - just not clear like the exe show. The sound is sort of cracklely, like I had been ripping little holes in my speakers.

---------------------------

Redid all above, but changed sound to the LPCM and the sound was fine in the resulting dvd. I can live with the images being not quite up to the exe show. Thanks for making me go thru the process a little more systematicly.