WnSoft Forums

"Use Mipmapping" for objects with zooming

Igor

We'll include special "Use mipmapping" option for Image and Text objects to solve visual problem during animation when picture/text "shimmer" when you greatly reduce or enlarge objects, say from a dot like size at a center of a screen (1%) to full size on entire screen (100%).

How better to call this option?

"Mipmapping" name used in 3D terminology.

Or "Anti shimmering" as more intuitive. How you consider?

Igor,

in my opinion you can use both words, but most of the time is an international expression the better choice, at least in my experience as TV producer in a small country more often than not it was the best way to do, because everybody all over the world knows what you are speaking about.

But I have a question: is the annoying effect you described not often the consequence of using small lines in the picture, for example bars in a window etc. and as such inevitable?

regards,

Henri. :rolleyes:

Hi Igor,

My suggestion would be to describe it like this is there is room:

Anti-shimmer (Mipmapping)

Best regards,

Lin

We'll include special "Use mipmapping" option for Image and Text objects to solve visual problem during animation when picture/text "shimmer" when you greatly reduce or enlarge objects, say from a dot like size at a center of a screen (1%) to full size on entire screen (100%).

How better to call this option?

"Mipmapping" name used in 3D terminology.

Or "Anti shimmering" as more intuitive. How you consider?