WnSoft Forums

Problems

Can anyone help with this. I am putting together a complex AV using the time line and all works well when viewed in that mode. However, save the finished file and one or two fades do not work well at all and there is a jump (the best I can describe it)

Does anyone recognise that and know where I am going wrong?

Thanks

www.bbdigital.co.uk

:)

Are you using more then one Audio track?

you get this effect when the audio tracks are switching

and your fade is set durning the song change.

You have a blue line in the time-line when

your track is changing. If you have more then one

track see if your fade is durning that switch.

Just another thing to look at.

cc

bbdigital,

The audio could be a problem.

Or it could be that you are using an image too large for the pc resources available, or else cutting the timing too close in having a new slide come in before the previous transition has completed its operation.

I find I have to leave 1/2 to 1-sec "space" between the completion of a transition and the start of the next. Also, I find that image sizes between 50 and 150 kb in size work best.

Or, it could be that your pc is busy doing other things in the background and things get "jammed up" at times due to all of the tasks which have to be done.

You wouldn't necessarily notice this from the timeline as the images used there are small, and the load on the processor is much less than in the actual show, or in the full-size preview from the main PTE window.

Try to experiment keeping these factors in mind and see if that helps at all.

I seem to have found the problem myself this morning while drinking coffee before work and tinkering. However, Al was right.

The time line needed a tweak, but ran OK in the timeline player mode. I needed to extend the gap between slides in the time line or PTE appeared to get confused.

For the technical bit I am using a 2.7 chip PC, 1.5 gig of ram, latest PTE version and loads of slides. (not counted them yet) and one piece of music about 4 mins.

Anyway I am getting more experienced with the time line now. What I have been working on is a much better jigsaw AV (well thats the plan) One where although only one image is used it does not become tedious or slow.

I suppose you guys will have to tell me if I have succeeded and I will post it as soon as I have finished it.

I would like to thank all the quick replies to my problem, what a team!

:) www.bbdigital.co.uk

Hi Barry,

Think back to your immatronic days ant the way you had to allow the bulb to fade fully before making a slide change. The time line acts in the same way, "A" needs to be dark before you change it's slide, :rolleyes:

Alan