WnSoft Forums

Burning BluRay

jlong48188

I am new to the forum, so forgive me if this question has been addressed previously. I want to use high resolution still photos (10 - 12 mp) in creating a video slideshow burned to BluRay DVDs. The eventual goal is to view the BluRay disks on an HD TV (1080p). Is this software compatible with my goals? Thanks.

I am new to the forum, so forgive me if this question has been addressed previously. I want to use high resolution still photos (10 - 12 mp) in creating a video slideshow burned to BluRay DVDs. The eventual goal is to view the BluRay disks on an HD TV (1080p). Is this software compatible with my goals? Thanks.

The software can do it, but just keep in mind the huge files 10-12 megs that you plan to use. You will "drag" everything down! Keep those file sizes down.

Hi Jim,

Keep in mind that 1080p is only two megapixels. The "only" time you need to use any higher resolution than two megapixels on your slideshow to be converted to HDVD (or Bluray) is when you have deep zooms and even then there are better ways to achieve this than using 12 megapixel originals. For example, it's very possible to close crop the area you wish to zoom in on and seamlessly add the crop at the point where you end the zoom at 1:1 on the original resampled two megapixel image then continue the zoom then reverse the process for a zoom out if desired. I have some tutorials on this in the works called "superzoom". This way you loose no resolution or detail but gain much in lowering resources necessary to play back and to create the BluRay original. The larger your originals the more resources needed to create the original. A 12 megapixel image isn't impossible to use but since there is absolutely zero advantage when displayed on a two megapixel 1080p television or monitor and plenty of good reasons "not" to use higher resolution, it's something to think about.

Best regards,

Lin

The software can do it, but just keep in mind the huge files 10-12 megs that you plan to use. You will "drag" everything down! Keep those file sizes down.

I do not think that you are correct here! In order to burn to 'Bluray' you will need a high definition recorder and also Bluray dvd discs (very expensive). I am not to sure of my facts here but if you contact Ray Waddington, he will know the answers.

I do not think that you are correct here! In order to burn to 'Bluray' you will need a high definition recorder and also Bluray dvd discs (very expensive). I am not to sure of my facts here but if you contact Ray Waddington, he will know the answers.

Ron, please edit your post to remove my email address otherwise I'll just get lots of spam email because of it!

I can be contacted via www.peoplesoftheworld.org/contact.jsp or via private message on this forum.

You (Ron) are correct. PTE currently cannot burn Blu-ray discs - or any other High Definition content. But it does support video output to HD format. To burn that output to a Blu-ray disc you will also need authoring software that supports the Blu-ray format, a Blu-ray burner and Blu-ray discs.

A better option if you're just getting into this is to burn AVCHD to standard DVD discs. This is covered in the HD appendix of the User Guide, pinned in the tutorials forum.

Ray

We will support Blu-Ray and AVCHD in next versions. I think - in 5.3

Igor, this is excellent news. I assume you no longer want to support HD-DVD after today's news from Tokyo?

Count me among your beta testers!

Ray