WnSoft Forums

Multiple Songs

photodoc1307

I am new with this program so maybe this is a stupid question but here goes....

Why can't I get multiple songs to run with my longer slideshow presentations?

Every time my slideshow is about to start the next song in the show, the slide skips and the whole presentation stops. Sometimes the music continues and the slideshow stops OR the music stops and the slideshow continues. For the most part it all stops.

Any suggestions?

Michelle

If just a little bit brief, Oleg's advice is right Michelle. Using a freeware sound editing program such as Audacity combining your sound files into a single file will solve your problem. It will also add another dimension of fun to creating slide shows as you get involved in sound editing as well.

Regards,

Rob Walls

Hi Rob

I downloaded and installed AUdacity. It seems great,but perhaps you can give me some guidance. I have tried the help text, faq, website, and no matter what, I cannot seem to add multiple songs to a sing track. Everytime I import an mp3, it creates a new track.

I'm trying to create a new singe mp3 of several individual ones so I can solve the same problem in P2E.

Any advice appreciated.

Kerry

Michelle

Plenty of good advice been given here.

I am sure you have a good reason for wanting a long slide sequence, but unless it is essential consider separate smaller ones. Even then you may still need to edit music or join a piece of music, but smaller 3-5 minutes slide shows seem to go down much better with the viewer.

www.bbdigital.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

This is Michelle again. I asked a while back if anyone had advice for getting multiple songs to play on a slideshow. I got a few suggestions, which I thank you all for, but the problem is that I don't understand what the advice meant.

I was told to put all of my music in one folder......what do you mean?

I know, I am totally computer stupid, but if someone could take the time to explain to me exactly how to do this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michelle

the easiest way [in my opinion ] to make a show is to start out with a new folder named the same as the particular show you are going to make then copy and paste all the components for the show to this new folder -- icons, music, picts, and any other info you will be using in the show.

this way the program as well as you will not be hunting for components :)

ken