WnSoft Forums

PTE's Success Story... in French !

Gérard de Lux

Do you want to improve your knowledge of PTE's Story ?

Do you want to improve your French ?

If your answer is 'Yes' to both questions, you're ready to read what follows...

Cèlou (Marcel Boi) has written a 15-pages story of PTE (with Igor's help, of course), all in sunny French of Marseilles - with pictures in universal language !

If you're ready for it... just download this 2 MB PDF file : HERE.

Great Job, Marcel and thanks, Gérard for bringing this to the forum for all to read. Great historical abstract and very nice to see how Igor and Aleksey have conspired over the years to produce the greatest tool yet for those who want the finest image quality and performance in their slideshows. It was very interesting to get insights into Igor's early development with a background from his father in engineering and photography and from his mother in architecture and interior design. Add to that a great education in mathmatics and a love of images and one can see how this came to be. Great!!

Best regards,

Lin

Do you want to improve your knowledge of PTE's Story ?

Do you want to improve your French ?

If your answer is 'Yes' to both questions, you're ready to read what follows...

Cèlou (Marcel Boi) has written a 15-pages story of PTE (with Igor's help, of course), all in sunny French of Marseilles - with pictures in universal language !

If you're ready for it... just download this 2 MB PDF file : HERE.

To the Academics and Educated.

Please help the under privileged and uneducated amongst us by providing a translation from the French into English.

I would love to read what appears to be a fascinating story, but I have no French, HELP!

Tom.

• 10 months later...
Very nice "Success story" and it's only the beginning. Thanks Marcel for this great work.

What a fascinating story. My Quebec French still works! To Igor--many thanks for the best program I have ever used with a wonderful assortment of members who so graciously help the bewildered. (That includes me)!

Barbara

I would also enjoy a translated version, however the link you (Yachtsman1) have provided requires us to translate no more than 150 words at a time. This message I'm posting right now has a total of 89 words in it and 15 pages makes for a long project that might take some time to do. If it doesn't exist in English, I would not expect anyone to take the time to translate the essence of that story, but if it exists in English, it would be nice to read.

larry

Thank you Ken.

Absolutely fascinating.

How from a childhood dream with his father in the darkroom through all the stages of developement to reach the wonderful sotware that we have now.

And on top of all that he comes across as a really nice guy.

Thanks Ken for putting this document on the site as it makes most interesting reading

FROM MY COLLECTION

a 52 kb word doc that was available at the time

it is 9 pages in english

if you cant get it email me -- remember i DO NOT ANSWER FORUM BASED MAIL

ken

Thank you Ken! That was a good read. The translation required some concentration but the jest of the article was quite clear. The praise for those that made this great software is well deserved.

larry

A confession :blink:

Many years ago I made a serious blunder that I hope I have made up for now. Like Igor I was fascinated by slides and my very first visit to a Camera Club was an Ausio Visual show. This would have been around 1975 and the hardware would have been a bit crude, but it worked because it captured me.

I went home and told the wife about it and that we would have to have a go at that. Well, in time we did and found ourselves visiting loads of Camera Clubs in the South East of the UK for many years with our Visual Impressions AV's. Our Kodak carousel projectors and a Kodak dissolve unit cost us a fortune, then we needed a 4 track tape, amplifier, speakers, magazines that were £7-10 each, but we managed and it filled a large part of our photography in the early years.

When digital photography came along I was introduced to a very early version of PTE, but here is the confession. :rolleyes:

I took one look at the file size of the download that was very small and said to myself. This can't be a very good program at 1.4mg and I ignored it.

BIG MISTAKE :( Just goes to show you can't judge a book by its cover, or file size in this case. In my defense, I was used to the huge file sizes of programs like Photoshop and I wrongly assumed file size equals quality.

I hope I have made up for my blunder over the years and have never made the same mistake again with PTE or other software.

So, with a new year close, I raise a glass and say Cheers to you Igor and everyone else of course. Incidently what is Cheers or the equivolent in Russian? Well the internet tells me it's АПЛОДИСМЕНТЫ

So АПЛОДИСМЕНТЫ to you Igor and I just hope the translation is right and I am not saying something rude to you instead.

Happy New Year