WnSoft Forums

Memories of Mallorca

xahu34

Xaver,

That's a lovely sequence!

The mood set by the tempo of the image changes and the slow, small zooms on each one was matched exactly by the mood of the music. Until, that is, you came to your vertically panned images. Here, in my opinion, the movement was much too fast and, for me, destroyed the mood which you had just created.

One small point on a specific image: I think the centre of the zoom on the first portrait of the fisherman should be his face and not a point to the right of his face.

Thank you for bringing back my own memories of Mallorca - from nearly 35 years ago!

Hello Xaver

Thank you for sharing your Mallorca show with us.

I thought the images were lovely and certainly brought back some wonderful memories of my one trip there with my wife over 30 yrs ago.

However I hope you will forgive me if I say that my first reaction was one of 'why the pan and zoom?' In all but a few of the shots I didn't feel that the movement subtle as it was, really enhanced the sequence to any degree. Also being perhaps unfairly critical maybe the transitions were a little too fast? Though I felt the music and timing was fine.

We all see things differently and as I'm now understanding the mechanics of the PZR in version 5 I feel it would be easy to'use' these facilities because 'I can' more than where they actually would benefit the show.

Maybe I'm alone with these thoughts but very often I think good images (as yours are) will stand very proud on their own.

Anthony

Judy,

Thank you for your kind reaction. There is no exiting story behind these images. They were taken in the spring of last year. My wife and I lived in a Hotel near Cala Millor, and we drove about 1000 miles through parts of Mallorca lying more in the east, which is regarded to be less attractive. Nevertheless, we liked it.

Antony, Peter

Thank you for your remarks. Raising critique in the way you do is by no means unfair, and I am not thin-skinned. The transitions may be a bit too fast, and I would have liked to show the images 1 - 3 seconds longer, each. But the music (Mallorca by Albeniz) did not give me enough time. Thus the result is a kind of compromise. I learned from the reactions in my photo club that the constant zooming has a polarization effect. Some people like it very much others nearly become angry. I am very much interested in reactions on this subject. I agree with the remark on the fisherman, but I wanted to prevent an overlap of the two faces during the transition.

Kind regards

Xaver

Xaver,

Re: the two fishermen - would it still work if you flipped one of the images in Photoshop?

Re: constant zooming - when I watched the sequence I didn't like the slow, shallow zooms to begin with but after the first six or seven images it ceased to bother me.